lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-04-2019, 06:46 PM   #1
drtslngr
Not Yet Wild

Default Club Car Carryall 550 or 252 electric build?

Hello all, Looking to build myself a hunting buggy. Got a carryall 550 coming up for auction that doesn't run. Has anyone ever upgraded the motor and controller on these to make a more competent vehicle in the woods? Here is a piccc.jpg

I'd like to keep my total cost under 4k. This thing looks like it has some good components. Let me know the downside if any and your help would be greatly appreciated.
drtslngr is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-05-2019, 06:17 AM   #2
drtslngr
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Club Car Carryall 550 or 252 electric build?

Im guessing not to many folks have much to do with these. Any thoughts are appreciated.
Old 10-05-2019, 06:29 AM   #3
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

That is a nice looking cart! Man there is probably a thousand different methods to up grade this cart. As a hunting buggy I suggest you look at high amp hour batteries to start. You should be planning on a 40 mile run , so you don't get stuck in the woods. Even as a stock cart it will meet basis hunting expectations. Upgrade all cables and maintain them properly will enhance the performance.
Good luck
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 06:47 AM   #4
drtslngr
Not Yet Wild

Thanks a bunch for the thoughts. This will be my first experience with an electric cart. Any thoughts on what a reasonable price for this (2015) would be not running, with no idea what could be wrong? Can you or should you upgrade the motor/controller? I'm having a difficult time finding any info or parts on
these online except manuals and such.
Old 10-05-2019, 07:16 AM   #5
drtslngr
Not Yet Wild

I did find where this thing has a 500 amp controller, although not sure what brand. I'm also seeing where it has the IQ plus 3.7 hp electric motor (MODEL DA5-4006). Speaking from complete ignorance, this seems kind of low doesn't it? Most upgrades would be well above that? maybe something im unaware of. thoughts are appreciated.
Old 10-05-2019, 07:20 AM   #6
LabRat
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

If that cart was running its 5k easy, If all electrical components are bad & you had to replace them, than go ahead and upgrade for less than 2k for the best. Replacing the batteries would bring up the upgrade to 3k. However a dead cart has a very low value probably, less than $500. The batteries may just be dead & $3.14 worth of electricity can get it going again & you could be in the woods tomorrow. We never really know until we 'Dive-In"
Doing the work yourself will save thousands and you know what you got, Its actually a great advantage learning & rebuilding golf carts. There is great info out on the internet for these carts, your on a great site with fantastic vendors that know what they are doing. Consider David at revolution as he is the CLUB CAR MAN. also Carts unlimited site is well worth the visit, tons of free info
Keep us updated
LabRat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-05-2019, 07:28 AM   #7
drtslngr
Not Yet Wild

Good info. I have talked to Dave about building me one vs me building one. Heck of a great guy and super customer service. Will definitely be using him as parts supplier if I go this route. Kinda scary not knowing but I think if I can get the cart...say around 1500, I should take the plunge. My experience with auctions is prices can get a bit absurd but what do i kno.

I havent been able to find much info at all on the internet to be honest with you. Do these carts cross reference (parts wise) with something more talked about?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts