lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts
Electric golf carts Harley Davidson, Melex, Pargo, Taylor-Dunn and other Misc. Carts.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-13-2008, 11:01 AM   #1
THOFLO
Not Yet Wild

Default Jerking Motion Forward

I have a 1986 Club Car 36 volt with new batteries. The car operates fine with one exception. When pressing the petal slowly to move forward slowly the car jerks on and off until the petal is pressed firmly all the way. Could this jerking motion be corrected by replacing a switch/solenoid or something??
THOFLO is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-13-2008, 12:14 PM   #2
BRS
Master BS'r

Club Car

Default Re: Jerking Motion Forward

I have the same problem, my pot box needs replacing. Do you have a black box under the gas pedal (underneath the cart).
BRS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-13-2008, 04:54 PM   #3
pggroves
steeplejack x

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by THOFLO View Post
I have a 1986 Club Car 36 volt with new batteries. The car operates fine with one exception. When pressing the petal slowly to move forward slowly the car jerks on and off until the petal is pressed firmly all the way. Could this jerking motion be corrected by replacing a switch/solenoid or something??

This is a shot in the dark but I had a similar problem on a 1984 DS (resistor system with all the solenoids). It drove me nuts. I had given up but on a lark, I pulled the motor and it was a total carbon fest inside. Cleaned it up and the problem went away.

Remember, I said it is a shot in the dark.
pggroves is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-14-2017, 03:04 PM   #4
BUCKinFLORIDA
Not Yet Wild

Carbon buildup will cause the jurking motion. Two of the four brushes were hung up/stuck which sand paper fixed. Total repair cost was zero other than a couple hours of time cleaning out (33 years) lots of carbon.

Thanks pggroves for the shot in the dark, you hit the target.
BUCKinFLORIDA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2017, 09:37 AM   #5
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Buck.. That thread is over 8 years old so they probably have fixed their problems by now.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 10:35 PM   #6
Dangerousdan55
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

But, I learned from this post.
Dangerousdan55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-17-2017, 10:41 PM   #7
crash test dummy

Old 02-27-2019, 05:57 PM   #8
jbon
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

As did I learn that the motor is a possible culprit. This is what I have suspected all along while surfing the solenoid, MCOR, speed sensor threads and eliminating each one by one. I did a rudimentary test of the motor by disconnecting it and performing a test wit a 12v power source. It responded barely as if on life support and only for a few seconds then ground to a halt. I'll post here again if the motor clean up was trick I needed. Thanks a bunch y'all.
['05 CC DS IQ]
jbon is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric golf carts