lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-10-2012, 01:54 PM   #1
lizard851
Not Yet Wild

Default 87 ezgo lost spark

Hi, just got me a 87 ezgo 2 stroke
It has run pretty good untill last night. When i unloaded it from my truck while it was running it hit pretty hard on the front end coming out..Noe has no spark.. Not even sure what engine is in it.. ther is no engine plate anymore.. Any help or ideas would be awsome...thanx
lizard851 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-10-2012, 07:29 PM   #2
lizard851
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 87 ezgo lost spark

Is it possible that the jar to the cart closed the gap on the pulser coil....?
Old 11-10-2012, 07:54 PM   #3
racin161
Gone Wild

Nope and welcome to BGWLift the seat look for the plug going to the pulser disconnect it and see if the prongs are clean then reconnect and see if it has fire.At this point also clean all grounds to metal and make sure they are secure. It's not a problem it's a set back better at home than on the road. Report back!!!

LOU
racin161 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 12:08 AM   #4
lizard851
Not Yet Wild

I think the problem is the igniter ..going to do a hei convertion in the morning and see...fingers are crossed
Old 11-12-2012, 01:18 PM   #5
lizard851
Not Yet Wild

Did the hei convertion.. works got spark.. now have drivability issues wont seem to rpm up..goes in revese to about 75% wont ramp up enough in forward..any ideas
Old 11-12-2012, 04:05 PM   #6
lizard851
Not Yet Wild

I used stock coil with the hei convertion.. will that make a difference..its backfiring and has no power ...starts and runs ok just no power... i also live at 7000 ft .. would that make a difference..
Old 11-12-2012, 04:25 PM   #7
kyerik
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Running better in reverse than in forward has been mentioned as a symptom of bad crankshaft seals. Spray a little WD40 on the seal on the clutch side while it is running in forward and see if it and see if it runs a little better while the spray is hitting the seal (this means that the seal is leaking).
kyerik is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 05:10 PM   #8
lizard851
Not Yet Wild

That didnt help... whats got me stummped is i had this thing in mesa az.. for 2 weeks and it ran strong... i brought it home to the mountian and it lost spark when i took it out of the truck... got that fixed with the hei... now very slugish will barley ramp up enough to engage the clutch....is there timing on these motors or a fuel mixture screw.. could the 6000 foot diference in altitude make it run this bad...im a little stummped...
Old 11-12-2012, 05:35 PM   #9
Dave Box
Respect the Cart

E-Z-GO

Try reversing the wires from the pulsar to the hei module. Sometimes it just happens that the pulsar fires the ignitor on the back edge of the pulse instaed of the leading edge.

Dave
Dave Box is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2012, 10:26 PM   #10
lizard851
Not Yet Wild

I tryed that.. backfired alot more and didnt ever fire up...just seen that the hei is for a 84 k5 blazer ... everyone is saying use 70s modle module...i wonder if that makes a difference
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO