lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-27-2015, 04:49 PM   #21
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2009 Club Car Precedent IQ

That is the correct sequence, just make sure the OBC 6 pin connector is left disconnected, but with the Red and Light blue wires Jumped on the harness side.

Make sure all fuses are OK and that all wires are connected.

You should have +48v to pin 6 on the Alltrax controller (green wire) when you press the pedal.

You should also have +48v on pin 5 on the Alltrax controller coming from your OBC jumper.

You must have left some wire disconnected, You mentioned you disconnected the brown/white wire, I assume from behind the dashboard, make sure the key switch or any other wire did not get accidentally disconnected.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-28-2015, 05:20 PM   #22
Lakebit
Gone Wild

Club Car

Have a family emergency that will inhibit my cart work for a few days but will follow your direction asap. My mistake making the comment about disconnecting the brown/white wire it was blk/white from the harness side of the six pin adapter I simply reconnected the wire on that side and disconnected the purple wire on the other side going to the 3 pin MCOR.
I did get a chance to check the fuses and all are good, 400 A from neg. of battery pack, 10 A breaker to 12 v converter, 20 A in wiring harness going through the battery compartment and 15 A in harness behind controller - OBC mounting board, that is all I found.
I found a chart for resistance of a MCOR vs OEM. Pedal up 5.83 K ohms, fully depressed resistance dropped to 1.03 K ohms, reading between white and yellow wires.
Still no solenoid closure. I will check Alltrax pin voltage as soon as I can.

Thanks for you willingness to help.
Dan
Lakebit is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-28-2015, 07:07 PM   #23
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Here is a problem I had with installing my controller. If you mount the controller vertical it puts a strain on the 20pin connector that plugs into the adapter board and unplugs it. I redid my mounting so that the controller is at the same angle as the old Curtis and there was no longer any strain on that cable and the adapter board stayed plugged in. I had to use my Dremel tool to cut the partition part off the mounting surface. To get the angle correct mount the lower left corner first using one of the original holes for the controller. Hope this helps with your controller
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Controller Upgrade 022.jpg (231.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg Revised Mounting Instructions 001.jpg (198.3 KB, 0 views)
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-29-2015, 04:32 PM   #24
Lakebit
Gone Wild

Club Car

Good info JJ.
I watched a video on Youtube made by DYI Carts (that was outstanding) before I install my Alltrax. I installed it horizontal with spacers under the bottom to provide cooling and raise it above the screw head that secures the OBC. The plug has no strain when attached as this is closer to the harness than with the OEM Curtis controller.
Old 01-29-2015, 04:53 PM   #25
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

I am surprised, did the video recommend using spacers?

Direct contact to the aluminum heat-sink (heat Conduction) is a far superior way to transfer heat than air (heat Radiation).

It seems like the controller could overheat that way as it would be harder to remove the heat from the Controller.

The black/white wire from the TPS to MCOR adapter is connected to the purple wire on the other side, so either one disconnected would be the same result.

Let us know when You have a chance to test the voltage at the controller pins.
Old 01-29-2015, 04:57 PM   #26
Lakebit
Gone Wild

Club Car

I had time to check the green and blue wire at the controller connector, the blue had 48 + v with jumper installed between the red to the blue on the OBC six pin connector, the green had 48 + v when the pedal was pushed.
All that said, I received an email replay from Buggies Unlimited today, they have asked me to return the controller to them from a bench test.
I pulled the Alltrax, installed my old Curtis and reconnected the purple wire on MCOR. Cart working again!! Yea!! I was so worried I had killed my OBC.
Looking forward to what they find and improving the torque on my cart in the near future.
Thanks to all!!

Dan
Old 01-29-2015, 04:59 PM   #27
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

That's great, let us know when you have an update as it may help someone else.
Old 01-29-2015, 05:26 PM   #28
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Lakebit do you have any pictures of the controller mounted horizontal? Where did you mount the solenoid?
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-30-2015, 08:54 AM   #29
Lakebit
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sergio - I have the same concern about heat dissipation but as the controller is located on the same mounting plate as the OBC, would the heat rejected into the plate affect the computer? The factory mounted the OEM as far from the OBC as possible but the Alltrax is so much larger that distance can not be maintained. I think this would be an excellent question for a controller or cart design engineer. I searched the internet for advice and this was the best instruction I could find. As Barry with DIY Carts does this for a living and invested a lot of time and effort making these videos, I relied on his advise.
I would appreciate others opinion after watching his instruction videos. https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azWblmoGAJs
Old 01-30-2015, 09:07 AM   #30
Lakebit
Gone Wild

Club Car

JJ - I do have a photo of my solenoid and controller installation, when I figure how to move them from my iphone to this site, I will. The solenoid is mounted where the OEM was and yours is, just had to drill hole in bracket and move as far to the drivers side as possible.
Your installation looks great and I might relocated my controller when it is returned.
If you go to this website https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=azWblmoGAJs there are videos for installing a upgrade motor and 400 amp solenoid. Let me know your opinion.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car