lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-31-2015, 06:32 PM   #1
BDann
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO TXT-What mods do you recommend?

Hi Fellas,

New guy here, looking for some advice on turning a cart into a hunting rig. I have a couple of small hills, a few low spots that stay muddy, but mostly flat land. I found a cart for sale, it's been garaged and very lightly used, looks pretty new. I don't need a bunch of speed, just enough to out run a momma cow if she gets ticked off!

It's 36V, probably stock motor, tires are in great shape, lifted a few inches. Serial number is 1556702 M102

I've got some pics but am unable to post them yet!

Looking forward to what you come up with!
BDann is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-01-2015, 08:10 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO TXT-What mods do you recommend?

well the first thing for us to know is what drive system does it have? see the pic below

ezgoguide.jpg

oh and btw......CONGRATS on the ride, and Welcome to our happy little corner of the net, and to BGW. There is a BIG fridge on the back porch with anything you can think of in it...help yourself...of course only take what you can LEGALLY have. Make yourself at home on one of the big fluffy couches, kick your shoes off, put your feet up on one of the tables, yes we are allowed to do that, mom's, wive's, husbands, girlfirends and boyfriends here don't care....and take it easy.

oh...btw....every once in a while a food fight breaks out...so you may not want to wear nice clothes here.

Welcome!!
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 08:13 AM   #3
sportcoupe
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BDann View Post
......I don't need a bunch of speed, just enough to out run a momma cow if she gets ticked off!
We need that on video please!
sportcoupe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 09:45 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Last incident I recall involving a momma cow. I closed a gate after her freshly neutered calf ran thru it and tried to shoo her off... she just lowered her head. Her being a 1400 # beefmaster cross, I stepped aside as she leveled the gate, then got up and trotted off to crying baby. Don't mess with Momma

For the series golf cart - Use pkg #485 (500a control & 400a solenoid) with hd F&R or SW202 reversing contactor kit and 2g cables through out for best results, run on 48v with 6/8v 190 ah batteries & DPI Accusense charger, Hi torque after market motors are available for this set up with increased hp and torque.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 12:45 PM   #5
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by sportcoupe View Post
We need that on video please!
Oh....Please!!! You must get this on video!! The last time I saw an angry mama chasing a human....well...yeah, he was technically a human....he was my cousin.......my cousin did some work for a farmer. The farmer "paid" him with a piglet. All he needed to do in order to "cash in" was to retrieve said piglet from the pen. Now, I think I was about 13 when this occurred....and as I recall this "pen" was about 25 yards (not feet) by 25 yards, and it was pretty much grown up with weeds, and had "pig paths" all thru it.

So, me and my two cousins, the almost human one and the regular guy, go into this pen, and begin to chase these piglets. As I recall, my human cousin finally grabbed a piglet and of course, the piglet let out this squeal. Then we ran towards the closest point where we all could escape....as the piglet kept squealing. My un-human cousin was (of course) the first one over the fence of barbed wire...the human cousin who had piglet in arms was second and closing fast was Mama pig with mouth open and teeth showing. So, cousin #2 just dropped piglet into the lap of cousin #1, and cousin #2 did a superman leap\climb over the barb wire fence as Mama was chomping at his pants, shoes, leg, or anything she could attempt to get. Short of a pair of ripped pants all was good. Me? I quietly climbed over the fence about ten yards away in the hopes that Mama would not see me....and she did not.

Farm stories...They are the best!!

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 02:42 PM   #6
BIGBONVI
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I am also the process of a hunting build and reached a point that I felt was good to make it through the first hunting season. I already have a rigged out SXS but wanted the stealth factor of a electric cart. The most useful things I've done so far that I recommend are: limited slip, mud tires, fender flares, front d-ring, and rear receiver hitch. The hitch and d-ring make good tie downs for trailering and may be needed if I got really stuck. I also did one of Scotty b's performance upgrades with 2ga wires and 500 amp controller, which is where I would recommend to be first upgrade. I am pretty happy with it so far and should have it all done for deer season next year.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (209.6 KB, 0 views)
BIGBONVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 04:59 PM   #7
BDann
Not Yet Wild

Thanks for the info fellas! I need to make up my mind on whether or not to buy this cart. It looks pretty much like new, lifted and mud tires, but needs batteries. He's wanting $2200 for it. Good deal?
Old 02-01-2015, 08:59 PM   #8
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Have you priced batteries? Does cart run or did it run before the batteries went south? Do you have a digital voltmeter? Are you electronically and mechanical inclined or able to adapt?
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-01-2015, 11:12 PM   #9
BIGBONVI
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Didn't know u were on the fence. I thought it was a done deal and u were looking for advise on upgrades. My advise is look at what u want ur finished product to be and what that would cost if u bought that rigged out. Then look at ur immediate available funds. Also take into account your abilities, as radioman has stated. Call this purchase close to $3k with batteries. Can u find,or build, that for cheaper?
BIGBONVI is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-02-2015, 07:23 AM   #10
BDann
Not Yet Wild

I'm pretty comfortable working on stuff, and from what I've seen the parts are fairly simple to swap out. I do have a voltmeter, and plan on going back and testing the batteries to see how many need replacing. I think I can use the cart as is, ( with fresh batteries) and upgrade the controller, motor and wiring as I have time to work on it.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO