lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-08-2015, 02:34 PM   #1
Silverstreak
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Walking the dog with my cart..........

Hi. I haven't been here in a while. My cart has been behaving itself, but it's going to have it's yearly physical next month at a really good shop.

This isn't really a repair question.......maybe a trouble-shooting question of sorts. And don't laugh......

I have this cart because my knees are really bad. We have 35 acres and having this cart has really changed my life, in terms of what I can do/accomplish in a day.

We have an inside dog. We have a big fenced in back yard, but it still isn't enough exercise to keep her in good health. My husband can only walk her on weekends. So......I want to take her for walks, while driving my cart around the property. We gave this a try the other day and it didn't work out well........She's all over the place, in front and around the cart and even almost under it.
I really want to make this do-able. So I'm thinking there must be a way to improvise something that would be rigid, maybe 4' out of the cart ) like galvanized electrical conduit, etc.), and she would have a shortish leash attached to it..........so she couldn't get tangled up around the cart. I guess it would be better to keep her in front or behind the cart, rather than beside it, in case we had to go between trees, etc.

Anyone take their dog for walks while you were driving the cart? Any ideas on how I can safely accomplish this?
This might be totally impossible, but I thought I'd at least think about it.

Thanks!
Silverstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-08-2015, 02:40 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Walking the dog with my cart..........

My neighbor exercises hunting dogs with a rigid pole across the front with a short leash on each end for a dog on each end. Maybe some version of this will work. How much does the dog weigh?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 03:35 PM   #3
crash test dummy

like this ?

Old 02-08-2015, 03:38 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
like this ?

That's all fine and good until - he sees a squirrel
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 03:46 PM   #5
crash test dummy

Old 02-08-2015, 03:59 PM   #6
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

I would include a long bungee cord in the set-up. The dog will stay within the least tension zone.

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-08-2015, 05:23 PM   #7
Silverstreak
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Thanks everyone. That bike accessory looks interesting. Our dog is crazy. She just HAS to smell where she wants to smell. I guess she'll just have to do with the fairly straight line she'll have to walk when I'm the one giving her the walk. It's better than no exercise at all.

Scotty........my dog weighs about 37#. I could probably figure out how to attach the rigid pole, but can you see how your neighbor attaches the leashes to that? Maybe it requires some drilling towards the ends, to put something like a carabiner through?
Silverstreak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 12:27 PM   #8
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Do you have a trailer hitch reciever on the back of your cart? If so, you could drill a hole in your conduit secure it to the receiver and let it hang out the back of your cart as far as you like. Just be careful on turns since that would be sticking out a mile back of your cart... A hard turn would cause the conduit to shoot off to the other side very rapidly and your pup might not like that!
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-09-2015, 04:19 PM   #9
crash test dummy

pipe clamp

bolt clamp to cart then pvc pipe out to side hook a leash to end
remove pipe when not in use

Old 02-09-2015, 05:13 PM   #10
vagabond
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
That's all fine and good until - he sees a squirrel
TRUE TRUE
I tried it when we were showing Great Danes, the bitch saw another dog and took off I ended up flat on my back in the middle of the street hanging onto the bike not fun,
occasionally I'll walk our lab with a bar mounted to the seat back bracket and a short lead to his choker collar, works great
vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO