lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-24-2015, 08:41 PM   #1
Sorceress
Not Yet Wild

Default Problem with Speed controller

I have a 1997 EZGO golf cart with the electronic speed controller (NON-PDS) that has a very intermittent problem. When I push down on the pedal I can feel a distinct change in speed of my cart going from a slow speed to a fast speed when everything is working correctly. Sometimes, when I push down on the pedal it only will just about move with no fast speed present. In this operational mode the cart will barely move at all. Any help in isolating this problem would be very welcome.
Sorceress is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-25-2015, 01:49 PM   #2
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: Problem with Speed controller

Ok, you say it's a "non-PDS". But...is it a Series or a Sepex system? Use the chart below to make this determination:

DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 03:13 PM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

All Ezgo carts were series until they produced the PDS, then carts became designated PDS, DCS, or Non-PDS....I'm guessing Series was confusing? somebody at Ezgo had a brainstorm that failed.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2015, 09:39 PM   #4
Sorceress
Not Yet Wild

I believe it is the series.
Old 02-26-2015, 10:50 AM   #5
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Ok, let me ask a few general questions. First, can you post any pictures of "what's under your seat"? And second, when was the last time you cleaned your battery terminals and cleaned your heavy wire (big thick wires) connections? Also, do you check your battery water levels on a regular basis?
Old 02-26-2015, 12:29 PM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

next time this happens try shifting the F&R and maybe even wiggle it some to see if the contact improves, Also you can try tighten the F&R center pivot nut 1/4 to 1/2 turn for improved contact (if the switch is still good - not damaged beyond reliable service) see attached
Attached Images
File Type: jpg F&R-Exploded-View-for-print.jpg (133.1 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2015, 08:36 PM   #7
Sorceress
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
Ok, let me ask a few general questions. First, can you post any pictures of "what's under your seat"? And second, when was the last time you cleaned your battery terminals and cleaned your heavy wire (big thick wires) connections? Also, do you check your battery water levels on a regular basis?
Over the weekend I woill take a picture of my controller. The batteries are only 3 years old. I will also clean the terminals. I do check and add water if needed. I don't think it is happening due to a low battery condition because when it does kick in there is plenty of fast forward torque.
Old 03-02-2015, 06:42 AM   #8
Sorceress
Not Yet Wild

I was able to hook up my multimeter to the output of the controller and leave it on. Of course everything is working just fine with the meter hooked up. My voltage does vary from zero volts all the way up to battery voltage when I press down on the pedal. I will keep the meter hooked up and hopefully it will start acting up so that I can monitor the voltage coming out of the controller to see what could be going on.
Old 03-02-2015, 01:03 PM   #9
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Ok. Keep us posted.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO