lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-09-2015, 07:14 PM   #21
CCFanatic
DS Drivers Club Founder

Club Car

Default Re: Moment of truth

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_dmt View Post
Ya. Did and done. It's charging now. Maybe the new pack was low? I dunno. But it rips in reverse, and slow in forward.
Oh ok, easy fix. Swap two of the wires on the motor, can't remember which ones though. Either S1 and S2, or A1 and A2
CCFanatic is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-09-2015, 07:38 PM   #22
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by CCFanatic View Post
Oh ok, easy fix. Swap two of the wires on the motor, can't remember which ones though. Either S1 and S2, or A1 and A2
But only do that if the FNR lever is not towards forward when the cart is going forward.

If the FNR is pointing to the correct position, the problem is the battery connections ( full and half) to the FNR are reversed.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 08:07 PM   #23
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

You have the forward reverse wiring backward it sounds.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 09:10 PM   #24
mike_dmt
Gone Wild

OK. ok... It's been on the charger for a while. I took it back out around the 'hood, it goes ok. But it can't be going more than 9ish. Uphill is worse, maybe 5.

It might be a low charged pack. I dunno.

So, my question is this: I hear the solenoids click. Will it run on less than max speed if its only engaging a "lower" solenoid?

Meaning, If I floor the pedal, and the "top" solenoid isnt engaged, can it be running on the 3rd or 4th solenoid?
mike_dmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2015, 09:31 PM   #25
jakesnake27
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by mike_dmt View Post
OK. ok... It's been on the charger for a while. I took it back out around the 'hood, it goes ok. But it can't be going more than 9ish. Uphill is worse, maybe 5.

It might be a low charged pack. I dunno.

So, my question is this: I hear the solenoids click. Will it run on less than max speed if its only engaging a "lower" solenoid?

Meaning, If I floor the pedal, and the "top" solenoid isnt engaged, can it be running on the 3rd or 4th solenoid?
Yes, the solenoid must engage for the speed to increase. You should hear 5 total clicks as you press the throttle. The master, then 4 speed solenoids.
I worked on one of these carts last summer and enjoyed it. The drive systems are bullet proof, and the parts are cheap and easily replaceable.
jakesnake27 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-10-2015, 12:56 AM   #26
mike_dmt
Gone Wild

Like the sounds of bullet proof... It's a janky peach. It runs great, I'm just thinkin it's not rolling on all solenoids. Its happy to jump when in reverse, but she only goes about 6-7 mph in forward... But, it's still charging. So maybe it'll go 10+ tomorrow
mike_dmt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car