lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-20-2015, 12:54 PM   #21
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 1990 DS - No power in reverse

OK. Purchased a new DVM and checked each battery. All registered between 6.51 and 6.53. I then backed it up the drive while in reverse with the meter on each battery. All three samples went to ~5.9v when I first hit the peddle but then settled to ~6.1v after a few seconds. I then checked the batteries again while stopped and each was reading ~6.4v. All of this looks good for the batteries, right?

I will mention that this time reverse seemed to be better but several times in the recent past, reverse just wouldn't hardly go.

What's next?
fsu1tm is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-20-2015, 01:54 PM   #22
joesam
Gone Wild
Club Car

They sound OK. If its even a little bit intermittent - then I would look at Scotty's idea regarding the F&R lever - that's his direct area of expertise....so I'll wander off.
joesam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-20-2015, 02:14 PM   #23
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

I think I would just hook it back the way it was. Use all six batteries for reverse.
Or you could use four or five of them for reverse, which ever makes you feel happy with it.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car