lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-19-2015, 07:48 PM   #21
busman9
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: ??? for ScottyB

Cart acted up bad this weekend! Would not move but solenoid clicked. Was able to get my meter on the white/black wires at the ITS connector and then the cart moved. As I drove the cart it would at times run normal,at times run about 20% power. The voltages were reading all over the place and at times would show open. I have cleaned the ITS connector several times,clean the 4 pin connector at the controller,pull tested all the cables,disassembled the F/R switch. What is my next step?? Getting Old not having a trustworthy cart! Thanks
busman9 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-19-2015, 08:05 PM   #22
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

It could be the ITS. Have you checked the ITS box for moisture? Maybe Scotty or Johnny will stop by soon and help out.
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 08:37 AM   #23
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by busman9 View Post
Cart acted up bad this weekend! Would not move but solenoid clicked. Was able to get my meter on the white/black wires at the ITS connector and then the cart moved. As I drove the cart it would at times run normal,at times run about 20% power. The voltages were reading all over the place and at times would show open. I have cleaned the ITS connector several times,clean the 4 pin connector at the controller,pull tested all the cables,disassembled the F/R switch. What is my next step?? Getting Old not having a trustworthy cart! Thanks
Is the "ITS connector" you are referring to is the 4-pin in-line MOLEX connector that connects the cable coming from the pedal box to the cart's wiring harness?

If it is, I would cut the miserable thing off and solder the wires together.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 09:39 AM   #24
busman9
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Johnnie,I can do that. Does the power flow from the ITS to the controller or controller to ITS? I was testing for power at the connector and not at the controller. Should I ohm test each,Black & White wire to see if a wire could be coming apart?
Old 04-20-2015, 10:22 AM   #25
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

both - the control provides the input voltage to the ITS. The ITS reduces this voltage with the induction tube system and sends this reduced voltage back to the control as the throttle pedal position indication.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-20-2015, 11:09 AM   #26
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by busman9 View Post
Johnnie,I can do that. Does the power flow from the ITS to the controller or controller to ITS? I was testing for power at the connector and not at the controller. Should I ohm test each,Black & White wire to see if a wire could be coming apart?
The controller is the power source for the ITS sensor, but it is looped through the ITS sensor back to the controller, so both the black and white wires carry current.

The confusing part is that the ITS (Inductive Throttle System) has three parts. The ITS sensor is in the pedal box while the power source and signal processor are in the controller. The same ITS sensor is used in all EZGO carts with an Inductive Throttle System, but they way the various controllers feed them power and process the results is different. The ITS voltage measurements for stock Series, DCS and PDS and variants thereof are different, so you have to know what controller to know what the voltages ought to be.

As far as I know, all of the Alltrax controllers use the same voltages, that being 10V pedal up , 6V pedal down.
Possible to avoid patent infringements, but maybe for engineering reasons, Alltrax powers the ITS sensor and decodes the returned signal differently than Curtis does.

------------
If either the black or the white wire has unwanted resistance in it, that will screw up the operation of the throttle.

If there is any conduction between the black and white wires, that will screw up the throttle operation.

The in-line connector is in a location where it can get dirty and damp, so both situations can and do occur, sometime both at the same time.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-21-2015, 04:29 PM   #27
mgolfcart
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

ScottyB I have a 2001 E-Z-GO TXT Standard 36V and it goes up to full speed and runs good and then all of a sudden it dies and the reverse beeper beeps once then it power comes back on and it speeds right back up again. Solenoid?
mgolfcart is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-22-2015, 06:42 AM   #28
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

mgolfcart..

Please start a new thread.
It is very confusing to try and diagnose 2 carts in one thread.

Thank You.
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-23-2015, 10:08 AM   #29
busman9
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/attac...1&d=1429801562

I removed the ITS and inspected and found a crack in the housing. Will replace the ITS and micro-switch and hope that solves my issue. What do you guys think?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 001.jpg (60.7 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-23-2015, 10:13 AM   #30
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Yeah a crack in the epoxy could be a problem. It could allow moisture to enter or a wire could be broken internally. Either way, replacing a cracked induction tube has been documented to fix throttle problems.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO