lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-23-2015, 04:20 PM   #1
theboss20
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

Default 2006 cc pres.

Neighbor replaced his speed control magnet and didn't see any increase in speed...is there more to it?
theboss20 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-23-2015, 04:22 PM   #2
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2006 cc pres.

Was he trying to go faster than 14mph? if so, did he get a 4-pole magnet?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 08:15 PM   #3
theboss20
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

That is what we are checking now...high speed magnet should be two pole...right?
Old 03-23-2015, 08:31 PM   #4
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Nope, 4 poles, it generates 2 pulses per motor revolution.

If the cart only goes 8mph, then the sensor itself is bad.
Old 03-23-2015, 09:07 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Speed magnet sends a modified signal to the controller and makes the controller "allow" for twice as much RPM as it did with the factory magnet. If the cart isn't capable of producing any more speed than what it's doing, the magnet isn't going to help. You'll need to fix whatever issues you have with the cart before you can expect any gains from the magnet.

Example:

Cart set on speed setting 3 has a maximum allowed speed of 14.8MPH. Let's say the vehicle has old worn out batteries and low air pressure in the tires. It's only capable of running 14.5MPH because of these two issues. Owner purchases a speed magnet and doubles the maximum allowed RPM to 29.6MPH, but the cart still runs 14.5MPH. The point I'm trying to make is pretty simple, if you can't run at the factory rev limit, you'll never run faster if you increase rev limit unless you first repair whatever is restricting you.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 09:40 PM   #6
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Speed magnet sends a modified signal to the controller and makes the controller "allow" for twice as much RPM as it did with the factory magnet. If the cart isn't capable of producing any more speed than what it's doing, the magnet isn't going to help. You'll need to fix whatever issues you have with the cart before you can expect any gains from the magnet.

Example:

Cart set on speed setting 3 has a maximum allowed speed of 14.8MPH. Let's say the vehicle has old worn out batteries and low air pressure in the tires. It's only capable of running 14.5MPH because of these two issues. Owner purchases a speed magnet and doubles the maximum allowed RPM to 29.6MPH, but the cart still runs 14.5MPH. The point I'm trying to make is pretty simple, if you can't run at the factory rev limit, you'll never run faster if you increase rev limit unless you first repair whatever is restricting you.
That right there is some of the best info a person can give.... Start with the basics first tire pressure, bearings, brakes and batteries....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2015, 10:27 PM   #7
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by teecro View Post
That right there is some of the best info a person can give.... Start with the basics first tire pressure, bearings, brakes and batteries....
It's often overlooked. I sell those magnets and I constantly get an ear full about how somebody's next door neighbor got one and got 22 MPH but they bought one and they only get 17.6....... It's a vehicle issue.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-24-2015, 10:22 AM   #8
theboss20
Gone Wild

Harley Davidson

So if a high speed magnet is four poles...how many poles is the standard magnet...eight ? Are the magnets strong enough to be detected with say a paper clip? My recollection on tire pressure for a CC with 8" tires is 22lbs...correct?
Old 03-24-2015, 11:05 AM   #9
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The factory magnet has 8 poles.

I never tried to see if a paper clip gets attracted, but I can try it when I get home tonight since I have an extra magnet.

I know if You use a small magnet and keep it at the same orientation (don't turn it around while testing), You should detect the poles.

The speed magnet will have 4 poles at 12,3,6,9 clock positions, the poles will alternate N-S-N-S, so if you move another magnet around the perimeter, it will be attracted twice and repelled twice.

Since tires are different, I would read the tire sidewall for proper inflation.
Old 03-24-2015, 11:15 AM   #10
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

Could the controller have a set RPM limit thus preventing the motor from going over a set parameter?
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
more speed
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car