lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-29-2015, 10:56 AM   #1
vincem58
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default low power

Thank you for any help..... I have a 1999 EZGO model txt standard it is series model.. serial # 1206643 .. thought my batteries were bad bought all new batteries.. same problem the problem is .. fully charged the cart runs great on flat hard surface as soon as it tries to go up a small incline it slows way down has trouble even getting up a small hill,,,, it just has no power... put new batteries inmy old 88 EZGO runs great lots of power up steep hills.. this 99 is just so slow and weak has no power at all and it is fully charged and the cables all ohm out ok . any idea what part could be bad.. Thanks again,,,
vincem58 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-29-2015, 11:06 AM   #2
radioman
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: low power

You need to make some voltage measurements as the experts here will ask you to make at various points.
radioman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 11:15 AM   #3
vincem58
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

thanks so much for getting back so fast. I am looking online for a good price on a repair manual .. I did own a computer repair company for 15 years and have several good meters so that wont be a problem just need to know what to check I have been reading a lot online and some things point to a speed controller very much $$$$$
Old 03-29-2015, 11:59 AM   #4
rbuggies48IN
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

If series cart, you should be able to get your controller rebuilt and even upgraded for less than $ 300.00. I am only familiar with what I successfully did with my series cart, so you will need to hear from the many others with all the controller options expertise.
rbuggies48IN is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 12:36 PM   #5
vincem58
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

thanks and yes I checked it is a series model it was a bite but got the cover off to take a look the part # on the controller is 2586G03 curtis
Old 03-29-2015, 01:40 PM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by vincem58 View Post
thanks so much for getting back so fast. I am looking online for a good price on a repair manual .. I did own a computer repair company for 15 years and have several good meters so that wont be a problem just need to know what to check I have been reading a lot online and some things point to a speed controller very much $$$$$
You can down load a service manual for it here: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...g-manuals.html

The three PDF files near the top. They are for a later model year, put EZGO didn't re-invent the wheel every year, so all TXT series cart are roughly the same.

----------
Sounds like you got a bottleneck in the amp delivery system.

Any cables or connections getting hot after trying to climb a hill?
If so, fix/replace it.

If the 15 year old high current cables are OEM, replace them. 4Ga minimum.

F/R switch contacts are also a place to check.

Any high current cable, connection or contact with excessive resistance can cause the symptoms you describe.

Could be a controller, or throttle, or motor problem, but make sure the cables, connections and contacts are up to par first.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-29-2015, 03:36 PM   #7
vincem58
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks I will check them out as soon as it warms up a bit.. a little chilly today here in Missouri... I sure hope it is not the speed controller,,
Old 06-10-2015, 11:51 AM   #8
vincem58
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

tried new speed controller same problem. removed 2 iffy cables from motor to forward reverse switch also replaced one of the rotor contacts on the assembly cleaned as good as possible .seems to have a little more power ? maybe just in my head still runs slow up slight inclines LOW POWER scratching my head. ready to try replacing the whole forward reverse assembly. thinking that all those rotor contacts look like they are Recessed and may not be making good contact. any thoughts would be great.. maybe just reaplace every damm wire in this thing......
Old 06-10-2015, 12:44 PM   #9
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

All series drive carts slow down going up hills, just the nature of the beast, but how much they slow down can be reduced by an efficient amp delivery system, and chances are very high that a 16 year old set of high current cables, the 16YO 85A stock solenoid and the 16YO F/R switch assembly are lacking in efficiency.

Measure the pack voltage while climbing a modest hill and note the lowest voltage then climb the same hill with your voltmeter connected between the M- and B+ terminals on the controller. (If you have two voltmeters, you can measure both at same time and only make one trip up the hill)

If the M- to B+ voltage drops lower than the pack voltage does, the amp delivery system in your cart needs to be fixed (All 13 high current cables, the F/R assembly and the solenoid, is the amp delivery system)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO