lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-30-2015, 03:52 PM   #1
deeds
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Default Tips, Tricks or Gadgets for checking water levels

I am replacing my aged battery bank of sealed 6v batteries with T-105 wet batteries. My OBC is a "QuickCharge". I have checked with charger manufacturer to reset the charge profile and think I have most based covered.

However after reading a couple of "Battery Break-In" articles, I understand that I will have to monitor the water levels, especially during the break-in period. Two of these batteries are located in the rear of the cart and VERY hard to reach. Some folks here have mentioned using a mirror, light and water bottle to make this easier. Anyone have any specific gadgets (mirrors, bottles or other things) they would like to recommend. Would covering the metal rod on the mirror with electric tape be enough to insulate and prevent arcing in case I make an accidental connection.

Any other suggestions, tips, tricks or gadgets for checking refilling batteries in hard to reach places?

Many Thanks,
dave
deeds is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-30-2015, 04:41 PM   #2
beau
Gone Wild
Club Car

Yes E tape will insulate. Batteries probably won't need water for months at a time during first couple of years but still check them. Don't overthink it. Buy one of those bottles that you can put a hose on. Don't overfill.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
beau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 06:24 PM   #3
gornoman
Stay thirsty my friends!

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Tips, Tricks or Gadgets for checking water levels

Deeds, behind this panel is battery #8:

It used to be a pain to check/fill/clean. Then one day I decided to solve the problem of the rear seat being in my way. I found four nuts holding the seat to the seat framework. I replaced them with lock washers and wing nuts. Now I can remove the seat in seconds to service that battery.
gornoman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2015, 09:59 PM   #4
deeds
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

I got all the batteries out, and it IS TIGHT in there! The rear two were a bear! Cleaned and vacuumed the bay out, no corrosion anywhere.

I like what u did there with to make it more accessible Gornoman!

After registering reading some of the break in protocols I was under the impression that the charge cycle would be lengthy possibly losing water. I probably am over thinking it a bit.

I ordered something that looks like a turkey baster and am looking for a inspection mirror now.
Old 03-31-2015, 05:16 PM   #5
deeds
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Is there any difference in the Trojan 105 battery styles? I ordered the 3 cap bayonet but received the mastervent Is one more likely to spill? The seller offered to get bayonet caps to replace the mastervent caps. Is there any real difference?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car