lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-31-2015, 08:54 AM   #1
gwoods
Not Yet Wild

Default 1999 EZGO TXT no power to the motor

Good morning. I have a 1999 EZGO TXT. I was using it yesterday and stopped and would not start back up. I was pulling a lawn aerator with it but it was having no problems. I have checked the battery's and the cables they all look good. All my battery cables were warm and the cover to the controller was very warm. I have 37 volts at the battery's. I also checked the controller and the solenoid I have 37 volts there also. When I push the peddle I here the click on the first 1/4 inch of the peddle but nothing else. I also see no power change at the solenoid or controller when the peddle is pushed. If anyone could give me more Ideas to check I would appreciate it. Thanks..
gwoods is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-31-2015, 09:14 AM   #2
Volt_Ampere
Gone Wild
Yamaha

Default Re: 1999 EZGO TXT no power to the motor

If the solenoid is clicking, that leaves the Motor or Controller. My bet is that the controller may have failed.
Volt_Ampere is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 10:12 AM   #3
gwoods
Not Yet Wild

Im sorry. Its not the solenoid that is clicking its where I push the peddle, I hear the switch next to the peddle when I push it in. I hear nothing from the solenoid or the controller..
Old 03-31-2015, 10:18 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Is it a Series Drive or a DCS? (If the is a run/tow switch on controller cover, it is a DCS.)

Check for pack voltage on the smaller of the 3 wires coming out of the backside of the charge receptacle.

Other than that, need to know what type drive it is to troubleshoot it.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-31-2015, 10:41 AM   #5
gwoods
Not Yet Wild

Its a Series Drive (no tow/run switch)
Old 03-31-2015, 11:20 AM   #6
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Here is a schematic for a series drive with the solenoid activation circuit highlighted.

The voltage that makes the solenoid click starts at the charge receptacle (reed switch), goes to a microswitch on the F/R assembly, to the keyswitch, to a microswitch in the pedal box and then to one of the small terminals on the solenoid. One of the four switch probable failed, but might be a wire or connection.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Wiring Diagram - Series with KSI traced.JPG (58.9 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 03:49 PM   #7
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Warm cables is not good. Warm is subjective. Are they all just as warm, or are some hotter than others? Series carts have the same amperage in each cable, so they should all have the same amperage = heat as the others. If they are truly all the same temp, I'd suspect the motor, the thing that pulls amps.

Charge batteries, try to run in forward or reverse, then check temperature of cables and connectors. Start with the FNR and solenoid.

A disconnected series motor has two separate independent circuits, which should be isolated from each other.

Disconnect motor cables and do a continuity check on the four motor terminals. Two should have good connectivity and the other two should also. The two circuits should have HIGH resistance from each other and the case.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 03:53 PM   #8
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by gwoods View Post
Im sorry. Its not the solenoid that is clicking its where I push the peddle, I hear the switch next to the peddle when I push it in. I hear nothing from the solenoid or the controller..
Oops, I missed the "no solenoid clicking". Which cables/wires are getting hot? Solenoid "could" be welded shut.

The solenoid activation circuit is low amperage and no "wire" should get warm. You said battery cables are getting warm. Hard to troubleshoot by remote control, but if the solenoid doesn't close, no current could flow through the battery cables = no heat.
Old 04-07-2015, 04:06 PM   #9
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...en-system.html
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO