lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-07-2015, 06:06 AM   #1
buddyjeff
Not Yet Wild

Default alltrax controller installation help

I have an 99 ezgo txt which I installed an alltrax dcx400 controller installed correctly because I took off one and put on new so when I turned the key it blinks green then 3 red lights which means throttle has not returned to zero during this power up sequence
buddyjeff is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-07-2015, 10:21 AM   #2
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Default Re: alltrax controller installation help

Go to the Alltrax "Document Depot" http://www.alltraxinc.com/Doc_Depot.html and scroll down to Tech Note 012 - DCX-NCX Troubleshooting Guide Read this tech note and see if this provides you with any help.

Dave
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-07-2015, 11:06 AM   #3
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: alltrax controller installation help

Am I correct, your 1999 TXT is a DCS. If so, a DCX is a direct replacement and no adapters are needed.

Measure the voltage between Pins 1 and 2 (Black and White wires) through the backside of the 10 pin plug.

Run/Tow in Run, Key ON and F/RT in either F or R.

Should get 10V with pedal up and 6V with pedal down.

If you are getting much less than 10V with pedal up, the controller will give you the HPD error.

Make sure the pedal is returning all the way to the upper stop when you take your foot off. (Debris jamming it, gummed up hinge, weak return spring.)

The ITS plunger could be out of adjustment.

The in-line connector between pedal box and controller harness could be corroded.

The cart will run if you connect a laptop to the controller and de-select the HPD box, but the cart might jerk a bit when the solenoid closes.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO