lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-07-2015, 08:25 AM   #1
jfsegar
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Lose Power when switching from F to R

Hi all -

I have a 2005 Ezgo Shuttle 4 similar to the one in the photo. It has the forward/reverse handle on the front seat cushion with the parking brake handle as well. When I switch from Forward to Reverse, I always lose power. It comes right back on once it's fully in gear but it's a real inconvenience because the radio, lights, and anything else cut off. I have them wired to the Voltage Reducer which is wired to the key switch.

Short of hooking the voltage reducer straight to the battery and installing a separate 48 volt switch to cut the reducer on/off, is there another spot that I could connect it to in order to not lose power when switching from F to R?

Thanks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg cart.JPG (38.6 KB, 0 views)
jfsegar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-07-2015, 09:23 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Lose Power when switching from F to R

Basically the answer to your question is no. The F&R switch has a safety micro switch on it which shuts ignition power off in neutral. The reason for this is so the controller won't take a hit if you shift under load. You can bypass the safety device or find a direct source for the reducer power and switch it on off manually.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO