lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2015, 09:25 AM   #11
RicksRam
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax DCX 400 Controller

lol your probley right KG . Aiken might be the problem. Kidding aside this thing has gotten the best of me and I can not figure it out for the life of me. Thanks for ya help
RicksRam is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2015, 09:27 AM   #12
RicksRam
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

thanks johnny, I think im going to try and take the f/r switch off and look at it next.
Old 06-14-2015, 10:14 AM   #13
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Don't remember but does the fnr have like a round puck behind the shift lever? Like JB said sounds like the run switch isn't getting turned on when the puck rotates.. Should be some dimples in the puck so make sure those are clean
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 12:10 PM   #14
RicksRam
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Hey johnnie or Scotty . I tried everything that you two mentioned , so I took controller out and did one more program and reinstalled. Here is what I got when powered it back up in the cart. 4 green blinks and 5 red blinks. I also checked the ITS box on the throttle response, and im wondering if that is correct. Thanks for your help.
Old 06-14-2015, 01:02 PM   #15
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Four green blinks means it is set to an ITS throttle.
Five red blinks means - Open Field.

Here are the error codes, read the note at the end.
Red Blinks = Error Code
1 red = Throttle sensor over range. Open throttle wires or wrong configuration for throttle used.
2 red = Under temperature. Controller shuts down at temps below -25C.
3 red = HPD. Throttle has not returned to zero during this power up sequence. Is throttle stuck?
4 red = Over temperature. Controller shuts down at temps greater than 95C.
5 red = Open field circuit. Check field connections and motor’s field resistance.
6 red = Battery undervoltage shutdown. Check pack voltage and undervoltage slider.
7 red = Battery overvoltage shutdown. Check pack voltage, charger and overvoltage slider.
NOTE: When making voltage measurements, measure at the controller not the battery pack.
Open Field (5 red) nuisance alarms will occur when changing direction or cycling the
throttle with older revisions of software. The alarms do not effect operation.
Contact Alltrax, if this is a concern, to get software updates.

Also check the F1&F2 cables for worn insulation.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Worn field wire insulation.jpg (593.6 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-14-2015, 02:29 PM   #16
RicksRam
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

forgot to put red and black wire in top of controller. Open field code gone. I also checked the solenoid and found no problem, but still no reverse on cart. I really don't know what else to check. Thanks for your time
Old 06-14-2015, 05:15 PM   #17
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by RicksRam View Post
with the key switch on and in forward im getting green light, but when I go to reverse im not getting any light red or green on the controller.
If these are still the symptoms, the most likely cause, if not the only cause, is the contacts in the "Run" switch on the F/R are not closing when direction selector lever is in Reverse.

As previously mentioned, the Run switch is working in forward, so the problem is most likely mechanical. Either the switch is loose in its mount, or the cam isn't rotating fully into the reverse position.

There may be other possibilities, but I cannot identify them without the cart sitting in front of me.
Old 06-14-2015, 05:16 PM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Examine the F&R switch as it triggers the microswitches... disconnect the wire plug from the reverse micro-switch(ms) and use a short wire to loop one side of the plug to the other. IF the cart runs the reverse ms is bad.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-15-2015, 05:58 AM   #19
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by scottyb View Post
Examine the F&R switch as it triggers the microswitches... disconnect the wire plug from the reverse micro-switch(ms) and use a short wire to loop one side of the plug to the other. IF the cart runs the reverse ms is bad.
With a DCX in a DCS cart (schematic attached), all the reverse microswitch does is apply pack voltage to Pin-4. The reverse microswitch not part of the solenoid activation circuit or controller power-up circuit, so jumping it won't get the solenoid to click or the controller to power up.

However, jumping the RUN microswitch on the opposite of the F/R assembly is very likely to get the cart to run in both directions, but the RUN microswitch works in the Forward, so it is probably good electrically.

That leads me to the conclusion that the problem is that for some reason, the lever arm on the RUN microswitch is not being depressed far enough when the F/R is in the R position.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCX in DCS.jpg (268.0 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-15-2015, 08:44 AM   #20
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Oh yeah DUH - All series carts use one ms activated in F&R for solenoid activation and one for reverse add-ons. Brain fart.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO