lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-30-2015, 03:44 PM   #11
Threewheelmotion
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Is my motor shot ??

So I thought that since I didn't start with 36 volts and was trying to run the system with only 24. I figured I would just slap it all back together like it came to me. And then drop in another 12 volt battery so I could make 36 volts. I did all this and was hopeful it would run. Well it didn't run but at least I know the charger is good because it clicked on when I tried it with three 12 volts."win". So I tried test number 2. I unhook the positive cable from the system. I hooked number cables from positive side of pack them negative to the negative side of the pack. I then clamped the negative to one of the small solenoid studs. And then tapped the positive to the other small stud. Nothing happens at all. I assume this means the solenoid is bad ... I also tried test one as you described it. My multimeter never beeped. So I thought that was a good sign until I tried test two. .. Did I do this correctly ? I will try the test you gave me for the motor in a minute. Also is there a way to bypass the solenoid with out having unhook all the motor wires and what not ?
Threewheelmotion is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2015, 04:04 PM   #12
crash test dummy

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threewheelmotion View Post
So I thought that since I didn't start with 36 volts and was trying to run the system with only 24. I figured I would just slap it all back together like it came to me. And then drop in another 12 volt battery so I could make 36 volts. I did all this and was hopeful it would 36v run. Well it didn't run but at least I know the charger is good because it clicked on when I tried it with three 12 volts."win". So I tried test number 2. I unhook the positive cable from the system. I hooked number cables from positive side of pack them negative to the negative side of the pack. I then clamped the negative to one of the small solenoid studs. And then tapped the positive to the other small stud. Nothing happens at all. I assume this means the solenoid is bad ...
yes it is if you are giving it 36v (+ - 5v)

I also tried test one as you described it. My multimeter never beeped. So I thought that was a good sign until I tried test two. .. Did I do this correctly ?
yes when closed it will beep
I will try the test you gave me for the motor in a minute.

Also is there a way to bypass the solenoid
for what reason ?
Old 08-30-2015, 04:06 PM   #13
Threewheelmotion
Getting Wild
Club Car

I wanted to bypass for just a moment in order to see if the motor would run. I didn't want to have to unhook all of the wires going to the motor again. I really appreciate your help. Your a lifesaver !
Old 08-30-2015, 04:20 PM   #14
crash test dummy

yes you can by pass it
Old 08-30-2015, 04:22 PM   #15
Threewheelmotion
Getting Wild
Club Car

So I assume I just hook the big post cables together ? And the little ones ?
Old 08-30-2015, 04:52 PM   #16
crash test dummy

no just the big ones it gives power to motor
Old 08-30-2015, 09:18 PM   #17
Threewheelmotion
Getting Wild
Club Car

I hooked these two together and I crossed my fingers, kissed a unicorn, and smoked a four leaf clover. Guess what !! She's ALIVE !! Looks like a solenoid and some new batteries will be just what the doctor ordered. I wish I could attach the video. But the rear ended sounds like it has a whine to it. I wonder if it takes grease or oil. Thanks a million for helping me out thus far !
Old 08-30-2015, 09:23 PM   #18
crash test dummy

90 w gear oil
Old 08-30-2015, 09:26 PM   #19
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

YAY!! Signs of life were just whats needed to "stoke the fires" to get this thing going. But dont get too happy and start using it now, its dangerous in its current "hotwired" form.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-30-2015, 10:09 PM   #20
Threewheelmotion
Getting Wild
Club Car

Sure won't use it. I am going to get a solenoid and and some batteries and then oil the rear end. And then start to clean her up. You guys are a huge help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO