lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-29-2015, 10:59 PM   #1
biggie1976
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default problem with powerwise charger and found the issue...

Bought the cart from a guy and the charger had electrical tape on the end at the charging port. Didnt think much of it. Well the last two days the charger wouldnt charge the cart.

I finally picked up a multimeter so I tested the continuity with the positive and negative side of the charging handle. Found continuity on the positive side but nothing on the negative side. So I cut off the electrical tape on the handle and sure enough the wires that connected the DC side came loose as soon as I opened the tape. Someone put a new end on the cord and the connection just worked loose.

I will put new wire connectors on them tomorrow and test it and see if this fixes the issue. Hope so. Here is a picture of what it looked like. I have never been great at electrical thing so finding this and testing it big deal for me...lol

Also the two wires twisted together I assume is the ground and negative and thats ok correct?

biggie1976 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-30-2015, 07:30 AM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: problem with powerwise charger and found the issue...

The red wire senses the battery voltage for the control board inside the charger that turns the charger on and off.

It is connected to the negative output. The connection to the positive output for battery sensing is inside the charger. (See attached schematic)

Also attached is the manual for your charger.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg PW Charger Schematic - Batt sense traced.JPG (47.8 KB, 0 views)
Attached Files
File Type: pdf PW Charger manual.pdf (3.02 MB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO