lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-28-2017, 04:37 PM   #11
WKocurek
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Regen - Brake Light

I just ordered an LED light kit with turn signal switch that I've yet to install and was fortunate to come across this post! I look forward to setting up this type of braking with an '11 Precedent Excel, instead of using the brake switch that was provided in the kit.

I see the diodes on the diagram, but not in the picture. What is the recommended install method and placement for the diodes? strip the wires mid-wire and solder on or can they be inserted into the spade connectors and crimped on the relay terminal side? It seems like the best place for the relay assembly would be behind the dash? I take it that the 3rd brake light can be connected to one of the existing tailights for - and one of the +12v connections. How do you go about connecting the 3rd wire for constant on from the 3rd brake light so it could function as a DRL? I want to have the tailights along the 3rd light constant on when the lights are switched on, and brake lights engaged and 3rd light blinking when my regen braking is applied. I think I've looked at the diagram and pictures so many times that I've confused myself. I appreciate the guidance!
WKocurek is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-28-2017, 08:11 PM   #12
Cruise Master
Gone Wild
Club Car

Once again I bow to your knowledge.

This is the stuff the internet and forums were made for. Thanks!
Cruise Master is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 08:09 AM   #13
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

This is still working pretty well for me, I found some pictures I had already uploaded to the site that will help with the questions:

I mounted the relays near the Controller, OBC and Tow/Run switch.

Diode:
Either way works, directly on the relay tabs or in the wiring.
I personally like to connect the diode in the wiring (as in the picture below) where I can use heat-shrink tube to make a nice "stress free" and protected connection:

DRL:
I have front DRL LEDs and the "always ON" of the 3rd light coming ON with the Key-Switch.
It makes the cart much more visible even during the day.
The tail-lights come ON with the Headlights.

Brake Lights with Turn-Signal assembly:
Simply run the 12v output of K2 (To Brake Lights) to the turn-signal assembly where the +12v comes in from the pedal switch (red wire P3).
Also run the same +12v output of K2 to the "3rd brake light" brake "flashing" wire:

Brake Lights without Turn-Signal assembly:
Run the 12v output of K2 (To Brake Lights) directly to each taillight brake power.
You can also use the "White" and the "Yellow" wires on the 9-pin connector behind the dash:

Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 09:50 AM   #14
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Stickys?? And this probably could go in the Ezgo section also
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2017, 10:26 AM   #15
WKocurek
Not Yet Wild

Thank you

Can you post the link for your DRL LED strips? That's a great idea and nice looking cart you have. My local cart path was recently closed, forcing me to use a busy road for access to our course. These mods will help get me and my family there safely!
WKocurek is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2017, 04:47 PM   #16
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Amazon no longer has the LED strips I used, The only thing I would recommend is to get the ones that have mounting holes in addition to the adhesive, like these:
https://www.amazon.com/XCSOURCE-Vehi...dp/B00YIH1YM4/

https://www.amazon.com/Rayhoo-Waterp...dp/B016RN1688/
Old 08-31-2017, 01:14 PM   #17
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

I received the relays I ordered from Mouser today. I hope to get everything prewired and installed in the cart in the next few weeks. I'm going to use for DRLs too. Thanks Sergio for the design. Are there any updates I should be aware of?
55BigBlock is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-31-2017, 08:32 PM   #18
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

No still working great, I have some other projects planned for the Golf cart this weekend as well.
Old 08-31-2017, 08:51 PM   #19
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
No still working great, I have some other projects planned for the Golf cart this weekend as well.

Keep us posted. I love to solder!
Old 09-29-2017, 01:09 PM   #20
55BigBlock
Gone Wild

Club Car

Sergio, I ordered 2 of the F1 lights like you ordered. They were so cheap I thought what the heck. Both came in yesterday direct from China. Neither one of them work. I even took one apart to look at the wiring. I've been using a battery charger to test them. I'm going to try a battery later. I've also reversed polarity and tried wiring them every way possible. Did you have any trouble with yours? It's hard to believe both would be bad. I'm going to message the Chinese seller and see what he says. That ought to be good for a laugh.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car