lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-08-2016, 10:38 PM   #11
Stripes136
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Club Car Precedent IQ Motor Upgrade

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aauman88 View Post
I have PQ Bandit motor, XCT500 controller, 400a solenoid and 2ga cables throughout in my 08 Precedent. I turned the controller down today to limit it to 30mph and it has enough torque to spin tires on concrete. I have no body on it now so I can turn around and see the motor when I gas it and I wouldn't feel good about running anymore torque because I see the torque twist. Oh and all this is on a 4x12v setup that is almost 2yrs old. David (TahoeDawg) knows his stuff and is who I bought from
Hi Aauman88 - could you share your settings from the XCT software? I have the same exact setup but with (6) 8v batteries and wanted to see how others are running their settings with thw bandit motor. I am at about 26mph.

Do you have Regen values set high?
Stripes136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-08-2016, 10:42 PM   #12
Aauman88
Gone Wild

I was told not to adjust them and I believe it now and they are back within limits. I will be tweaking the curves and other settings but don't disable speed limit whatever you do as you can implode your motor
Aauman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 11:31 PM   #13
travis_slim
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stripes136 View Post
Hi Aauman88 - could you share your settings from the XCT software? I have the same exact setup but with (6) 8v batteries and wanted to see how others are running their settings with thw bandit motor. I am at about 26mph.

Do you have Regen values set high?
Stripes136 I have already asked Auuman88 to share his setting on the thread I started about the XCT controller. He said once he gets more time with it he hopefully will. In the meantime I suggest you post like I did your setup on that thread so others can see your results.
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...-settings.html
travis_slim is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-08-2016, 11:48 PM   #14
Aauman88
Gone Wild

I have no issues sharing what mine is but when I know it's risky to turn those RPM's I'm not going to list it and have someone blame me when it goes ka-boom

Amperage and set points are pretty good stock and I'm still playing with it to see where I like it at before posting my setup in that thread. But it's very easy to disable the speed limit which doesn't monitor motor RPM's. Or you can max out RPM and test run it. Turn down few hundred RPM's at a time until your happy with the speed. But remember the motors are designed for certain RPM's
Aauman88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 06:06 AM   #15
cmar143
Gone Wild

I have Curtis 1268 controller and a D&D 6551 motor upgraded by PQ and am getting 32mph with 20" high street tires.But I also have 8-6V T145's which gives me more amp supply then a set of T-875 so I havent experienced any loss of torque. I think the 1268 is one of the best controllers out there because of its programming capability but you need a curtis handheld which is a downfall for some. But that is small potatoes to its capabilities. Other controllers can get you in the ball park of matching controller to motor but 1268 can fine tune each parameter (about 60 total) to get the max performance out of the motor without damaging it. Honestly if you are looking to get mid 30's best upgrade is to change gear ratio to 8:1 first and that should give you about an 8-10mph bump right there. The only downfall is loss of torque and gear set is expensive and you need a little mechanical knowledge including a hydraulic press to install them. But if you live in a flat area like FL the torque aspect is not much of an issue.
cmar143 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 11:22 AM   #16
Cartguy
Not Yet Wild

So at this point a controller is the next step? I want more tq, the speed is there but takes too long to get there.
Cartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 11:24 AM   #17
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartguy View Post
So at this point a controller is the next step? I want more tq, the speed is there but takes too long to get there.
Controller and Heavy duty cables. You'll get a noticeable increase in torque by doing a controller swap and leaving the factory motor.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 12:15 PM   #18
Cartguy
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by TahoeDawgZ71 View Post
Controller and Heavy duty cables. You'll get a noticeable increase in torque by doing a controller swap and leaving the factory motor.
Well I guess that will be my next move then. What's the preferred plug and play solution that will also handle a moderate motor upgrade later on?

Op sorry for sort of thread jacking but it goes in line with your questions too.... ;)
Cartguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 04:05 PM   #19
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cartguy View Post
Well I guess that will be my next move then. What's the preferred plug and play solution that will also handle a moderate motor upgrade later on?

Op sorry for sort of thread jacking but it goes in line with your questions too.... ;)
Alltrax XCT controllers
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-09-2016, 04:18 PM   #20
scooterman
Gone Wild

Club Car

I had answered this on your first thread about the motor upgrade with the executioner, I have that motor, 1268 Curtis 500a controller, 2g cables etc., specially wound for my needs and it has lots of torque and close to that speed you're seeking, also on 23" tires. You would be happy with that combo once you do all of the upgrades.
scooterman is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
club car precedent motor
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car