lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-17-2016, 10:23 PM   #11
Stripes136
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Alltrax (inconsistant Amps) Need an opinion

Here are my settings
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (242.6 KB, 0 views)
Stripes136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-18-2016, 12:12 AM   #12
Revolution
Voltaholic

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
I think You may have a bad cell based on a previous thread about one of the batteries dropping considerably more than the others.

You can verify that by monitoring one battery at the time while driving.

Also, can You post screen shots of your throttle rate and speed/torque curves?

As revolution mentioned, if the throttle rate is too high, it will put the motor way out of its efficiency range, if the speed curve is too agressive, it will be jerky with small throttle changes, torque curve needs to be smooth or it can cause torque bumps.
I think I missed the part about a battery dropping more than the others, but that would make sense.

Ive seen more than a few batteries with damaged plates that worked fine sitting on a bench, but when you shake them around a cell will short out internally. I have two of them as remote controlled gate opener batteries, I keep expecting them to die but a steady diet of solar charging and sitting still has them doing fine. They wouldn't work in a cart for long.
Revolution is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 12:17 AM   #13
Revolution
Voltaholic

Mixed Breed

Stripes, I don't think its your ramp rate or throttle curve. Its looking more like a battery issue. I would still check out your contactor/solenoid before you write off the batteries.
Old 03-18-2016, 05:35 AM   #14
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Your speed curve may be a little aggressive at low throttle, you could try something like this:
(type the values directly on the table instead of moving the graph, delete unneeded entries from the end of the table):
0 - 0
2 - 0
50 - 20
80 - 50
98 - 100
100 - 100
Did You disable the Regen current?
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-18-2016, 06:34 AM   #15
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Assuming the batteries are okay. Other things you can try to smooth the throttle would be to lower the ramp rate to 19-20%. This will slow the controllers reaction to jumpy MCOR input and can help smooth the pedal response.
Also try a simple curve instead of the S curve shown. Map the curve very low and gentle in the beginning with a gradual up swing in mid to upper range. This will give you a less aggressive feel in the low end and a smoother sing to full speed without the flat spot middle the S curve creates.
Lastly, select turf or golf instead of hunting or street. Turf or golf is a more gentle driving experience.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2016, 09:07 AM   #16
Stripes136
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

FOLLOW UP!

I just want to thank everybody for the great information you provided. So I was able to finally get my car running smoothly. After buying new Trojan 875 batteries yesterday the problem continued. I tried many different possibilities with the controller and still had the same results. As a last ditch effort I took the Mcor out of the cart (I was surprised to see a MCOR 4 in a 2011 cart. I cut it open and cleaned the connectors slightly bending them up to get a better connection. After a lot of epoxy it was back together and installed. Just took a 20 minute test run and the cart is running at 26 mph with no jumpiness or hesitation.

I want to thank everybody again for the quick replies and all the great information.
Stripes136 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-23-2016, 12:22 AM   #17
Revolution
Voltaholic

Mixed Breed

Glad your up and running!

I never would have suspected the MCOR from the video you posted. It seemed to show pretty smooth progression. Then again driving verses sitting still could be the difference.

The bright side is your troubles and solution might help out someone else in the future. Happy carting!
Old 03-23-2016, 06:57 AM   #18
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Congrats on fixing the MCOR
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car