lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-10-2016, 12:39 PM   #1
athomebythebeach
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 2008 Club Car Precedent Intermittent Speed Problem

My 2008 Club Car Precedent runs great most of the time but on 2 occasions after having run for about 10 miles it began to "buck". i.e. slow way down, feeling like it was going into regen, then kicking back up to normal speed. Keeping the accelerator depressed, this "bucking" continued. Backing off the accelerator stopped this and as long as I did not depress the accelerator it ran OK at slower speeds. Depressing the accelerator even slightly caused repeated "bucking". The first time it occurred it was on a very hot day and we limped home at low speed. The next day all was back to normal and we went 9 or 10 months with no problem. I attributed the problem to something overheating.

However, this past weekend the problem came back. Again after about 10 miles of perfect operation. This time the ambient temp was in the mid 70's. This time there were 4 occupants whereas the first time there was only 2. Again the next day it ran normally.
athomebythebeach is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Tags
intermittent spd cont., mcor, overheating
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car