lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2016, 08:16 PM   #21
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 13 precedent dying suddendly

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelyaddicted View Post
Well I get the beeping when it starts to roll down a hill as a warning. I didn't unhook each battery to check the battery to check each as I was short on time but I definitely got the right readings I did them twice.
First off you don't have to disconnect any cables to get per battery readings...

As for your readings I'm not trying to be rude but it is to be one of four things.
A) Your meter is not accurate.
B) You have more than one battery going wonky which will explain your issues.
C) Operator error reading the meter.
D) All of the above...

A fully charged brand new pack of SIX 8-VOLT BATTERY will generally read no better than 51 volts as per battery the best one can hope for is 8.5 volts; so your readings can't be right....
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2016, 05:16 AM   #22
reelyaddicted
Not Yet Wild

I know is not the meter since its brand new since my last one just but the dust and this is the replacement. There's always a chance for operator error. my guess is like you stated before possibly a battery shorting out and giving bad reading. That's why I took 2 readings after I got the readings I did the first go around. I'm going to try and do it again tonight and see if anything changes which I doubt.

Would replacing the mcor help with jerky throttle response from the pedal as well as possibly be the culprit to my carts issue? If so is there a way besides taking to out to get the pet # to know which one(1,2,3,4) is the one it has?
reelyaddicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2016, 06:16 AM   #23
teecro
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by reelyaddicted View Post
I know is not the meter since its brand new since my last one just but the dust and this is the replacement. There's always a chance for operator error. my guess is like you stated before possibly a battery shorting out and giving bad reading. That's why I took 2 readings after I got the readings I did the first go around. I'm going to try and do it again tonight and see if anything changes which I doubt.

Would replacing the mcor help with jerky throttle response from the pedal as well as possibly be the culprit to my carts issue? If so is there a way besides taking to out to get the pet # to know which one(1,2,3,4) is the one it has?
Due to your carts age we know it has either a 3 or 4 in it now and the 4 is the most current up to date version... Whatever you do don't replace with a 3 with a 3 as they can be junk right out the bag. This is why I will only buy CC parts from David Hicks now... Would it help with jerky throttle response? Absolutely if it is indeed the cause (which it likely is)

As to battery reading I hate to keep hounding you but since that is your carts heart that is where you start looking for issues and 3 year old fleet cart batteries don't generally last much beyond 3 years.... You need good solid readings to know for sure what you're dealing with and I'd HIGHLY suggest trying to get some voltage readings while under an operational load. Take it out driving with the meter attached to your batteries with some clips, go looking for some hills or throw on a passenger or two...
teecro is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-21-2016, 07:25 PM   #24
reelyaddicted
Not Yet Wild

Still haven't gotten load reading but did get a 24hr off charge reading and the pack was 50.8v & 5 of 6 batteries were 8.3v other was 8.1v. Hoping it won't be raining tomorrow and can get a load test reading
reelyaddicted is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car