lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-02-2017, 05:17 PM   #1
Bontaw
Not Yet Wild

Default 36v Ezgo

I have a 97 txt eleteric golf cart that I'm restoring. I put new batteries in, a new solenoid and key switch. I turn the cart on and the battery meter shows fully charged. Once I press on the accelerator the meter goes off and the cart does nothing. What could be the he problem?
Bontaw is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-02-2017, 09:25 PM   #2
boonesbuggies
Getting Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: 36v Ezgo

We need a little more information, where is the forward and reverse located. Under the seat or on the dash. And do you have a tow run switch under the seat?
boonesbuggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 04:08 PM   #3
Bontaw
Not Yet Wild

The reverse and forward switch is located under the seat. There is no tow/ run switch
Old 02-03-2017, 04:59 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Too many possibilities. Post pictures of what you are working with please.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-03-2017, 08:12 PM   #5
Bontaw
Not Yet Wild

Can I get a few of the possibilities so that I can try and if none of them work then go down the list
Old 02-04-2017, 12:14 PM   #6
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Bontaw, there's some guys on this forum that are really helpful and really good at figuring out what's wrong with a cart. You'll get accurate responses, and you'll get them pretty quickly, if you provide the information they ask for. ScottyB is one of the best on here. Id post whatever information he asked for.

Good luck, and I hope you get it figured out quickly.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 06:26 PM   #7
Bontaw
Not Yet Wild

I can't get a picture right now because it's been raining and I'm not able to go out and work on the cart. As soon as I get better weather I will but I just wanted to know what are soyof the possibilities while I'm waiting
Old 02-04-2017, 06:48 PM   #8
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bontaw View Post
I can't get a picture right now because it's been raining and I'm not able to go out and work on the cart. As soon as I get better weather I will but I just wanted to know what are soyof the possibilities while I'm waiting
Copy that, buddy. I'm about done with all of the rain here in Northern California as well. We sure needed it, but I'm over it.

Unfortunately, I'm not the guy to help with any real ideas. Since you're being held up with the rain, maybe reading this stickys at the top of the ezgo section will help. There's wiring diagrams in there, a chart to help id which drive system you have, and even a diagnostics thread. I don't really know much, but I do know that without knowing some basics, guys would just be throwing darts; darts without tips, at that.

So, as soon as you're able, post what type drive system, and you probably should put a dvm on the pack and each individual battery. Numbers under load would be helpful as well. I've read these guys countless times talking about all of the different issues even one bad battery can cause, and just because your graph style meter read full, doesn't guarantee all is good with the pack. Most guys have replaced those meters with the type that actually gives a numerical reading. That's how much importance is placed on battery condition and health.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-04-2017, 06:58 PM   #9
Bontaw
Not Yet Wild

Ok thanks for the insight and my batteries are brand new i just go them not even a month old yet
Old 02-06-2017, 04:12 PM   #10
Bontaw
Not Yet Wild

Pictures are attached below
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0918.jpg (232.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0919.jpg (154.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0920.jpg (160.8 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO