lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-02-2017, 08:05 PM   #11
gwh1bass
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Crown batteries vs. Others

I'm running the Crowns, though my local dealer no longer sells them

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
gwh1bass is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-03-2017, 10:57 PM   #12
fireboat
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

My eight 6v Crowns are just now five years old. They are holding up well though it seems there might be some decline in performance and range going on now. However, I fully expect to see another year before replacing them.
I use my cart on average 2-3 times a week, though for no more than 5-10 miles most times. It immediately goes on the charger after returning.
Overall, I'm very satisfied with the Crowns, you can't go wrong with them.
fireboat is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-04-2017, 03:02 PM   #13
atvBob
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by GOLFERDAN View Post
They even came fully charged.
I urge you to (religiously) follow scottyb's advice for breaking in those new batteries ... unless you want to replace them sooner than you should.

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/battery-break-in-.html
atvBob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 09:09 AM   #14
HiTechRedNeck
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jkry2121 View Post
Gonna have to install Grammarly on your computer for you dude Where Redneck and I work we've only used Crown for the past 4 years. Amazing support from them, and they will actually warranty batteries unlike the other names mentioned in this thread. Their batteries are said to have more lead in them and most older sets we see are holding up well so far.
Or i could put my glasses on AJ.
HiTechRedNeck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-06-2017, 07:12 PM   #15
slashpine
Getting Wild

There is another thread where I was asking about reaching the recommended discharge percentage during the new battery pack break in protocol but this is relevant to both thread's content...

I am 8-9 charges into a new set of 6 Crown 235's...due to weather and other factors the cart has not been used enough to discharge the pack to the recommended level but I am definitely now seeing an increase in charge voltage as related in the "break in tutorial"...fwiw...my batteries came with a full charge and did not take any extreme time (i.e., 20 hrs) to charge the first time...

To relate...I got to run the cart yesterday, the most with the new batteries and after charging the night before...after parking the cart for half an hour the voltage came back up even higher than it had been reporting after a charge with no running...Am really happy with the Crowns so far and am very thankful for the knowledge, insight and experience of the contributors to the site and especially to my queries...I will be making a humble donation to the site in the near future in tribute to the expert (and professional) denizens that help the rest of us...Thanks to all...
slashpine is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO