lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-28-2017, 07:43 PM   #1
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default never seen this controller part before?

I got a western model 100 42 volt cart. 1 year old trojan batteries, 7 T105's

Cart was driving then just stopped. All cables and connections are tight and clean, Batteries charge up to 100%, all accessories work.

Solenoid clicks every time you step on pedal. Tried jumping the solenoid, but no go.

This has somesort of cheezy looking controller from FSIP and also some strange looking module / box in line with the 4 wire cord from the floor ITS unit.

What is this small box for? How do i troubleshoot it? I get full voltage 44 volts to controller .

If i replace this controller, can i get something more modren looking without this strange looking small box?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg fsip.jpg (187.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg fsip1.jpg (121.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg fsip2.jpg (183.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg fsip3.jpg (113.5 KB, 0 views)
smokey tennis shoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-28-2017, 08:14 PM   #2
wthompson912
Getting Wild
Club Car

Default Re: never seen this controller part before?

converts the ITS throttle to 0-5k for the GE/FSIP controller throttle input. contact FSIP for troubleshooting. Those controllers are great for upgrades and are reliable and repairable.
wthompson912 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 09:26 AM   #3
Seaquell
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Your sticker says that it has a 680 amp current limit, thats a great controller most anyone would like to have that

I have a stock control that i can put a blue neon light around and some flasing led lights on top, it will look Awesome!

Just kidding with you.
Sometimes plain and simple is less to go wrong. Call FSIP they will be glad to help you out.
Seaquell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:06 AM   #4
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

I'm trying to troubleshoot this cart. So for troubleshooting , i have pack voltage when i step on pedal, the solenoid clicks, and i get pack voltage to controller. I want t know how to check out this its converter box?

The white and black wires from the floor its go into 1 end of this converter box. coming out of the opposite end of the converter box is 4 wires, and 2 of these 4 wires go to controller tabs #2 and #3.

I unhooked the 2 wires from the controller tabs and tried to read ohms hr those 2 wires and about 6k, no matter what position pedal is in?? I was expecting to see ohms that were changing with the pedal stepping??

Any advice how to check this converter box out?
Old 03-01-2017, 10:43 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

The cart is sending ITS which is a voltage signal (about 0.5v - 1.5v ) the converter is changing this to 5000-0 Ω. Email me if you need a replacement, I have them in stock
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 10:53 AM   #6
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

That controller and the adapter are designed to work with a Voltage Throttle, not a 5kΩ-0Ω throttle (it says so right on the label).

Plug all of the wires back except the white wire that goes to controller terminal #3.

Set your meter to 20v DC.

Measure the voltage on the white wire as You slowly press the pedal.

To get an accurate reading, You should also take in consideration the impedance of the Controller circuit, so typically you would leave the white wire connected to terminal #3 while you take the voltage reading.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-01-2017, 03:24 PM   #7
smokey tennis shoe
Gone Wild
Club Car

sergio, i will try that later today and report back.

thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO