lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-04-2017, 10:08 PM   #1
Fuelinaround03
Not Yet Wild

Default EZGO deluxe light install and 3 way ignition issues

1999 ezgo txt electric 36volt

Ok so this morning I pulled the cart up on ramps to install the Pro-fit deluxe light kit. I removed the meter and the ignitiIon switch also. After several hours of digging online and testing I'm lost. 2 issues

1) the deluxe light kit videos talk about a pull switch I have the entire harness run and there is no pull switch. Even if I had one the only open connectors are a 9 pin which I was told is for blinkers the horn and the brake pedal which are still hooked up to the old harness. Any ideas?

2) when I hooked back up the ignition according to the diagrams I have seen on here I am getting nothing. There is a blue and green wire coming out of one harness and the other has a red, black, and 2 blue/wht. I have checked the fuses under the drivers seat and they look to be good. Is there another fuse I could be missing? I am getting no red readout on the voltmeter and no power to the engine.
Fuelinaround03 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-05-2017, 01:04 PM   #2
Fuelinaround03
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: EZGO deluxe light install and 3 way ignition issues

Bump
Old 03-05-2017, 01:47 PM   #3
crash test dummy

can you post a link to video ??
Old 03-05-2017, 02:45 PM   #4
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Are you sure the video isn't for the 2014 and up EZGOs?

Did the cart have old lights on it before. Is the key switch 3 position? You said there is a fuse panel on the drivers side. Pictures please.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 03:26 PM   #5
Fuelinaround03
Not Yet Wild

Yes the cart had older style long light in the center and was cut out. The key is a 3 position with the blue/wht wires running the lights at the key.
Old 03-05-2017, 04:02 PM   #6
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

So are you trying to graft the new wiring harness on to the old? The original key switch was " off, On, On with lights". So the key switch has 36v to it and 12v to it also. I say this in case you weren't aware. Are you going to use the original fuse panel? Where are you sourcing 12v from?
I ask about the video because when putting this kit on a 2013.5 and newer cart there is a procedure to deal with the pull switch that is apparently on the cart. They may have made only one video and only for the newer carts. I saw some instructions on line but they were only for the newer carts.

Also power to the motor is a completely different circumstance. Does the cart run?
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-05-2017, 04:28 PM   #7
Fuelinaround03
Not Yet Wild

I agree let's fix one problem at a time. If the lights are unhook from the ignition switch (the blue/wht wires) the motor should still work so I evidentially have something wired wrong. My first goal is to get the ignition wired right to get electricity to motor again. The cart ran fine yesterday before I took the dash off and tried to put it back on. So the harness with 2 wires (blue wire and green wire) is 36 volt right? And the other harness is 12v?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO