lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-19-2017, 05:05 PM   #1
Threeput
Gone Wild

Default 2009 RXV throttle assembly

How do I access the throttle assembly...In order for the cart to go..I have to push back the accelerator pedal and let go.. so it comes back hard..then the cart goes OK..I think it needs adjusted
thanks
Threeput is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-19-2017, 06:06 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2009 RXV throttle assembly

It's not adjustable. First, if you have any added floor mats, remove them, as they are known to interfere with proper pedal operation. If that didn't solve it, remove the factory floor mat and you will find the access panel to the gas & brake pedals. Once access is granted, use compressed air to blow out all the dirt & grass in the pedal area, paying special attention to the area where the pedal hinges & the area where the pedal rests when not pressed. Those areas are known to cause issues when filled with dirt & grass.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 03-19-2017, 07:07 PM   #3
Threeput
Gone Wild

Thank you cg teck...thinking about it ..makes sense when it worked by pushing back the pedal by hand then letting it go..coming back quite hard...possibly going thru dirt...thanks again
Old 03-19-2017, 09:17 PM   #4
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeput View Post
How do I access the throttle assembly...In order for the cart to go..I have to push back the accelerator pedal and let go.. so it comes back hard..then the cart goes OK..I think it needs adjusted
thanks
After you get the throttle assembly cleaned out, you can apply a light oil like 3in1 to the pin opening of the pivot blocks at both ends of the pivot pin. Work the pedal to work the oil into the pivot blocks at both ends. If the pedal needs adjustment, cut some short pieces of plastic or rubber tubing and slip them over the ends of the spring. If you need more room on the spring to get the tubing over the ends, you can depress the taper of the rubber bumper attachment and slip it out of the hole to get it out of the way until you are done, then put it back in afterwards.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2017, 02:50 PM   #5
Threeput
Gone Wild

Today I opened up the throttle assembly and WOW you were right cgtec..it was loaded with gravel...so tomorrow I will be cleaning it out and oiling up the pivot points ..also oil up the brake pedal box which is exposed and it also has gravel in it

Again thanks to you both
Old 04-09-2017, 06:27 PM   #6
Threeput
Gone Wild

Follow up...Cleaned and oiled throttle assembly...just about to cover everything up..when I thought I'd check the switch seeing as it's wide open..disconnected from harness plug..and with pedal in rest position I should get 0 ohms across N/C switch...OhOh get open circuit.. pushed pedal back then let it come to rest position ..now get closed circuit...removed switch assembly and
played with back and forth and found that if actuator is pushed to the side not in then it would disconnect....conclusion faulty switch...now I have to find a new one
at least I've found my intermittent problem
Old 04-10-2017, 12:02 AM   #7
Threeput
Gone Wild

I can find a replacement accelerator switch from E Z Go on the Internet ...but my problem is...I cannot get the wiring harness off the faulty switch.. the harness looks looks like it plugs into the end of the switch...the new switches on the Internet from E Z Go don't have the harness...Does anyone know that it is a plug in and not a complete unit
..Help
Old 04-10-2017, 06:24 AM   #8
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Threeput View Post
I can find a replacement accelerator switch from E Z Go on the Internet ...but my problem is...I cannot get the wiring harness off the faulty switch.. the harness looks looks like it plugs into the end of the switch...the new switches on the Internet from E Z Go don't have the harness...Does anyone know that it is a plug in and not a complete unit
..Help
There are multiple part numbers, depending upon which year and even month your RXV was made. 2009 was a transition year. There are 2 different harness connections for the accelerator zero switch, direct socket on the back of the switch, and a brake-switch style version with a pigtail that is permanently attached (does not unplug) to the switch. The 2008/early 2009 used the brake-switch style, pigtail attached switch. I have both connection type switches here and I took a picture to show, but my phone interface cable is in the bag I left back in central NC so I cannot upload it.

Also, there are 2 plunger types, sealed (rubber boot ultrasonically welded to it) and unsealed without boot. The plungers are different length and cannot be interchanged.

The switch with the pigtail attached is E-Z-GO part number 607605.
The switch without the pigtail, but has the weather boot is 612889.
The switch without the pigtail, but without weather boot is 609697.

I hope this helps.
Old 04-10-2017, 07:04 PM   #9
Threeput
Gone Wild

Thanks BobBoyce for clearing that up and the information
Old 04-10-2017, 08:25 PM   #10
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

I emailed the switches photo from my phone to this PC, so here it is...
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Switches.jpg (176.5 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO