lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-18-2017, 10:43 PM   #11
crash test dummy

Default Re: One post txt long travel install snag

what is the possibility of you towing a trailer that you can drive on and off ?
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2017, 06:04 AM   #12
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Yeah.....I did the trailer for about 4 years. Trailers are fine, except when you get on some tough game land roads. Then they become your enemy. They bottom out, become entangled in brush, jam you up on really thin "roads" (and I use the word "road" loosely). There were times when it was great. But when it was bad.....it was really bad. And using one on snowy days......was really bad.

Again, I appreciate you thoughts and ideas. I really do. It's just that I have experience (I guess that means I'm getting old ) in this "matter".

BTW.....I'm rather surprised that my new 7" wheels and new tires.....both of which I had shipped standard shipping are scheduled to arrive tomorrow!!

Edit: I purchased a new trailer something like 6 years ago. I just sold it last fall as the last year I owned it the trailer just sat out back collecting leaves. Winching the cart on and off the truck was just as easy as driving it on and off the trailer. Plus driving the truck wherever I wanted was so much better with the cart on the truck....the trailer became a "worthless asset" to me.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2017, 11:29 AM   #13
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Well, I don't know if I mentioned it.....but I screwed up when I purchased the 7" wide wheel. Since I purchased a 7" wide tire I should have gone with a minimum 6" wide wheel. So, I sent back the 7" and got the 6". Actually, the 6" are trailer wheels. No biggie .....but if I want I can now drive the front end at 70 mph and be DOT legal. The rear will likely fly apart.....but these things happen.

In any event, the plus side is the cart NOW winches on and off the truck like a dream, the cart steer's much more easily than it did before, and with the aggressive tread design, I really don't expect a "loss" of front end steering traction in the dirt\mud when compared to the old tire. On the down side I may need to hold on much tighter when coming upon trail ruts that have a tendency to turn the tires in a direction I don't want to go.

But overall....the skinny tire was a good move. (Not like a skinny jean move on a guy I know who just turned 60!! )

DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO