lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-25-2017, 02:46 PM   #11
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 36v to 48v conversion today, not what I expected

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
See post #4.

Don't get me started on power vs. energy. Guess which one can never be created nor destroyed???
Power?
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2017, 05:28 AM   #12
jhop869986
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Your tires are 18.8" tall, which is only slightly taller than stock, so on level ground your DCS cart ought to have run in the low 20's at 36V and about 33% faster when you went to 48V. In other words, if it went 20MPH at 36V, it ought to be going upwards of 26.7 MPH at 48V and if it went 23MPH at 36V, it ought to be going upwards of 30.7MPH at 48V.

Your speed gain going uphill is as expected or better, but the top speed is lower than expected, so some investigation is called for.

Screen saves from Toolkit showing the controller settings would help, as would a couple of data logs showing cart at max speed and climbing a hill.

Also, what field map is loaded?

In addition, what is your battery pack voltage after a full charge and 12 hours at-rest?

I'll take some screen saves today... I have the custom program that scottyb loaded on there before it was sent. Does it make any difference running in turf/street mode? I couldn't tell the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jhop869986 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 05:30 AM   #13
jhop869986
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by NCPW View Post
You went from 11-12 mph to 25 mph and you're not satisfied???!

Welcome to the addiction.

Yes.. I am heavily addicted, I think soon my wife might make me choose between her or the cart.. lmao

Old 05-26-2017, 06:01 AM   #14
mutant
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhop869986 View Post
Yes.. I am heavily addicted, I think soon my wife might make me choose between her or the cart.. lmao

there are far worse addictions! i am in north hendersonville-so we are almost neighbors....
with the hillclimbing speed you are getting i assume you are a DCS cart and not a series drive? if so-jonnieB is right-a little slow on top speed
mutant is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 06:31 AM   #15
jhop869986
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mutant View Post
there are far worse addictions! i am in north hendersonville-so we are almost neighbors....

with the hillclimbing speed you are getting i assume you are a DCS cart and not a series drive? if so-jonnieB is right-a little slow on top speed

Yea it's a DCS cart, I'm gonna try again with a full charge, haven't had a really good day to test since the conversion since the weather has been so dumpy all week. I'll post results later

Old 05-26-2017, 08:35 AM   #16
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Look....when the new Wonder Woman movie comes out......your cart will go significantly faster. I just know it will.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 09:23 AM   #17
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

This is actually a little better than my experience although mine is a series cart so not exactly the same. Additionally you are hauling 8 batteries so ~130lbs. of extra weight "all the time". Like having a passenger with you constantly.
I think your expectations were too high.

Possibly you could communicate with scottyb for the latest maps or his current thinking on the alltrax settings. I know this is evolving constantly. He doesn't take phone calls anymore so has to be email.

If it were me I would take screen shots of the current settings so I could put it back because odds are I would eventually make it worse.

Also, if this is not enough performance for you then its probably motor time. Assuming yours is original it's, ya know, ~19 years old. Custom wound vs off the shelf probably. Talk to the motor builders instead of shopping off the shelf.

My 2¢
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 09:42 AM   #18
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
This is actually a little better than my experience although mine is a series cart so not exactly the same. Additionally you are hauling 8 batteries so ~130lbs. of extra weight "all the time". Like having a passenger with you constantly.
I think your expectations were too high.

Possibly you could communicate with scottyb for the latest maps or his current thinking on the alltrax settings. I know this is evolving constantly. He doesn't take phone calls anymore so has to be email.

If it were me I would take screen shots of the current settings so I could put it back because odds are I would eventually make it worse.

Also, if this is not enough performance for you then its probably motor time. Assuming yours is original it's, ya know, ~19 years old. Custom wound vs off the shelf probably. Talk to the motor builders instead of shopping off the shelf.

My 2¢
Kernal, can you post what performance numbers you're getting from your txt at 48v? I'm still at 36v but my txt freedom has some sort of upgraded motor (from earlier help on this forum it sounds like it was a factory upgrade) and I get 20-23 when batteries are freshly charged. I installed the 48500, 2g cables, and sd contactor during the rebuild. I've got my cables, etc from Scotty to go to 48 but haven't purchased the batteries yet. I'm anxious to see where that may take me. Can I expect the 33% improvement in performance?

Hope I didn't hi jack the thread. I was going to pm Kernal but though his response may be useful to others that may be interested in upgrading and see this thread.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 09:56 AM   #19
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jhop869986 View Post
I'll take some screen saves today... I have the custom program that scottyb loaded on there before it was sent. Does it make any difference running in turf/street mode? I couldn't tell the difference.
If you cannot tell the difference between Street and Turf modes, the Street settings must be exceedingly mild.

Basically, if a neck brace is needed for acceleration off the line while in Street mode, in Turf mode it won't slosh an adult beverage over the lip of nearly full red solo cup in the cup rack. However, the cart's top speed is the same in either mode.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2017, 11:33 AM   #20
Conradconrad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

My DCS motor on 500a controller ran about 22-23 at 36V with 18 inch tires
With 500a and 42V it ran 25-26mph same size tires

I had a problem originally getting it to go more than 19mph at 36V
I switched to 2 gauge wires everywhere and changed to a field map 3 which was for a DCS motor.

My 2 ¢
Conradconrad is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO