lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-28-2017, 09:51 PM   #41
ARKSoft84
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Just showing her off.

Also.... I adjusted my breaks today. Are the breaks on these carts like those of a pickup truck? Does the adjust self adjust when you go in reverse and then apply the breaks liberally? I'm afraid that I may have gotten them too loose. I can apply the parking break and I can manage to pull the cart backwards with the parking break on. Keep in mind I haven't been able to drive it since I adjusted the breaks so I don't know whats going to happen on the road.
ARKSoft84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2017, 12:37 PM   #42
DaveTM
Gone Wild

First....I just read your post and you have done a great job on this cart!! Kudo's to you for that!! Also.....I have a 2000 TXT and I thought I was the only old guy with an old cart!! But I'm glad you put the time into this one and it came out just fantastic!!

For your brakes, these are no different than the rear drum brakes of the mid to late '60's Ford and Chevy brakes I use to do myself when I was in college....back in the day. They do have a self adjuster on 'em and as long as things are not rusted up, it will work. You just need to drive in reverse and "slam" on the brakes. Do this about 4 to 7 times and you should feel your brakes get better. If not, then you have a problem.....and it's likely with the self-adjuster....Oh what's it called? The wheel unit at the bottom of the brakes. Pull the drum and you will find it. Someone else will chime in. Also.....I think there is a perm sticky on brakes at the top.

Nice work!!
DaveTM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 01:13 PM   #43
ARKSoft84
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
First....I just read your post and you have done a great job on this cart!! Kudo's to you for that!! Also.....I have a 2000 TXT and I thought I was the only old guy with an old cart!! But I'm glad you put the time into this one and it came out just fantastic!!

For your brakes, these are no different than the rear drum brakes of the mid to late '60's Ford and Chevy brakes I use to do myself when I was in college....back in the day. They do have a self adjuster on 'em and as long as things are not rusted up, it will work. You just need to drive in reverse and "slam" on the brakes. Do this about 4 to 7 times and you should feel your brakes get better. If not, then you have a problem.....and it's likely with the self-adjuster....Oh what's it called? The wheel unit at the bottom of the brakes. Pull the drum and you will find it. Someone else will chime in. Also.....I think there is a perm sticky on brakes at the top.

Nice work!!
Thanks!

Thats what I was wondering is if they where the same style as any older vehicle with that brake adjuster wheel. I haven't been able to actually drive it due to the seats getting re-done. As soon as they are back on I'm sure I'll get all the kinks worked out!
Old 06-29-2017, 01:19 PM   #44
CrazyDad
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Looks good! Now I'm thinking about getting a titan body and ditching the custom color to match my wheels idea. It also looks like it will work with any flip flop rear seats. Nice work on the top from someone who doesn't weld (yet).
CrazyDad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2017, 01:24 PM   #45
ARKSoft84
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyDad View Post
Looks good! Now I'm thinking about getting a titan body and ditching the custom color to match my wheels idea. It also looks like it will work with any flip flop rear seats. Nice work on the top from someone who doesn't weld (yet).
Thanks!

I don't own a welder either... thats why theres a ton of bolts lol.

I'm pretty sure that the Titan body wouldn't get in the way of any accessory.
Old 07-06-2017, 02:40 PM   #46
ARKSoft84
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Alrighty... Seats are finished. Tested the brakes, eh lil soft but I need new shoes so I will fix that soon.

Old 07-06-2017, 03:31 PM   #47
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Ok....Ok......OK.....How do you get that rear suspension to hold up that high with real people on the back seat?
DaveTM is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 07-06-2017, 07:23 PM   #48
ARKSoft84
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
Ok....Ok......OK.....How do you get that rear suspension to hold up that high with real people on the back seat?
I put the HD leafs in. I had ordered 4 leaf... They sent 3 leaf. I fully expected it to squat quite a bit, after all the leafs I took off were arched up instead of down. Right now though they are holding up.
Old 07-22-2017, 05:25 PM   #49
ARKSoft84
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Added a trailer hitch on the rear. ATV hitch receiver on the front. Basket on the front.

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO