lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2017, 07:04 PM   #1
strate6
Not Yet Wild

Default Tips to sell 2013 I overpaid for.

Like the title says, traded $6,000 for two 2013 club precedents six 8v's. There stright off the coruse tan on buff. Long story short batteries are shot. They had 50.4v when I went to look at them and a flashing battery light when I got home.

I only plan on keeping one for myself.

Whats the best plane to sell. Been searching here for 4 days. Looking at sold carts talking to shops.

I can Trojan 8v for $115 ea. Thought about red alpha body, rear seat, lift and tires, lights.. But seems it may be a wash either way.

My issues are quality too, sure I could do $99 batteries and GTW lifts vs allsports and ebay GTW seat. But where do I drawl the line? And if it doesnt sell im stuck with no quality.

Any help is appreciated.
Thanks from NE Ohio.
strate6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-20-2017, 07:15 PM   #2
Hawk1
Not Yet Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Tips to sell 2013 I overpaid for.

2 carts for $6000 does not seem to bad, but with bad batteries may not be the best. Yes Trogen are good Bats but there is others out there. US 2200 are not bad for a flip cart.
Hawk1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 07:24 PM   #3
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Hello strat6. welcome to BGW. Sorry, but it looks like you may be a bit under water with the deal you made.

This is what I would do: Take the best 6 of the 12 batteries and put them in the cart you are not going to keep. Be honest and tell prospective purchasers the batteries are not new etc. Take the money from that sale and put new batteries in your cart (you will have 6 cores to trade in).

Go from there and customize your cart the way you want. What the one you sell is worth depends on the market where you are.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2017, 07:50 PM   #4
strate6
Not Yet Wild

I was thinking of taking them to a shop to be load tested. With my meter they are all around each other, which is around 8.01v say giver or take a few tenths.
Any lipstick I can add to these pigs? Was thinking rear seat and lights. Have a guy that will spray the bodys for $100 if I buy paint... naturaly my asking price will go up with what I do...
A stock carts in a state over (2.3hr drive) are selling for $2550 as is.

Im not afraid to put money in as long as I get it out.

Or I wait till spring and maybe have completly dead batteries and sell when the market is looking.

I did put 13mi on one and when I got home it had 47.6v SOC which is way past the 48.4 I know. But made it 13 miles.

Last edited by strate6; 09-20-2017 at 08:17 PM.. Reason: Cant spell or proof read.
Old 09-21-2017, 09:44 AM   #5
whit71
Gone Wild

Club Car

I think they still used the battery tub that will hold either 6-8's or 4-12's in 2013. If so you could price the Trojan T-1275, see how much cheaper they are for the cart you are selling. Then advertise with brand new batteries, might help it sell.
whit71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 02:10 AM   #6
strate6
Not Yet Wild

Well I did it. Found a guy that traded me a 2012.5 yamaha that didnt run with a nice body and in the end with what the local shops sell the yami at, I will have $2550 wraped up in the batterie CC cart. (Including all taxes pd)
Yami needed fresh fuel as it was stale, carb cleaned, unit cleand, clutch sanded, battery charged.

Drained the fuel, changed oil and fuel filter and she fired right up, no choke. Amazing how much they clean up, this was sitting for a while so it has low hrs as its not that old. Tested batterie and holds good at 600CCA

When I went to look at it there was a ground hog sitting on the clutch and I jumped and disturbed a hornets nest in the canopy. What an experience.

Old 09-24-2017, 07:04 AM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I'd like to find a nice Yamaha like that but maybe not like that!!
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2017, 09:17 AM   #8
strate6
Not Yet Wild

Its not as bad as it seems, I was worried the whole way home too. Its a small golf cart shop and he got it in and parked it in a back Row. And when he gets the time he goes thru them and spruces em up and puts them in the front row for sale. I figured the golf coruses leave them out side so whats the difference. He said he will not buy from courses in the south because they run them all year and was worried about where my CC came from.
He said if I cant get it going reasonable bring it back, he also said he would clean carb, charge battery and replace if needed and wash it. But didnt want him to back out of the deal once it was done. And I know I would take the extra steps such as drain gas, di electracal grease, clean pedal well... yada yada.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car