lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-22-2017, 04:50 PM   #1
jroyholmes
Not Yet Wild

Default 2010 club car precedent excel power issues

I am beyond frustrated. I own a 2010 club car precedent excel sn#ph1009-08271. Sometimes the cart runs fine, great actually. But every other day or so, i am cruising along and I lose power. Sometimes it just comes back before it comes to a stop. Other times, i turn the wheel back and forth and all the power comes back. I purchased the used cart from Club Car here in Augusta. It has a 4 inch lift and slightly larger tires. The only mod i have done is trade out my original motor with the plum quick bandit. Earlier this year, it kept getting worse, so i took to a local authorized club car dealer and they replaced the batteries and told me one of the wires had melted at the connection to the controller. He replaced and it ran good for the next 3 month. Recently, my babysitter ran our cart for a long time and forgot to charge it that evening. Well, low and behold the losing power thing has started again. I took it to another guy who works on club cars and he told me that my plum quick motor is causing my batteries to drain at an unusual rate and when the batteries get low, all my wires heat up and cause problems. I called plum quick and they told me this should not be the case. I need help trouble shooting. It seems like there is a electrical problem somewhere and I can’t get anyone to help me find it. I would hate to put new wires and an upgraded controller on it to fix a problem that could be easily fixed. Sorry for the long thread, but i am at my wits end.
jroyholmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2017, 06:47 AM   #2
jroyholmes
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2010 club car precedent excel power issues

Can anyone help diagnose this?
jroyholmes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-23-2017, 07:09 AM   #3
Raystar57
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: 2010 club car precedent excel power issues

It is probably a battery cable, battery or a charging issue.
Do you have a voltmeter to check things?
What is the pack voltage after full charge and a 8 hr resting period?
It would be good to check each battery under a load.
It's possible one of the new ones developed a problem.

Others will chime in.

Welcome to BGW.
Raystar57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car