lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-23-2017, 11:53 AM   #1
Gregt909
Not Yet Wild

Default Best motor for hills

I just got my 2013 lifted Club Car with 23" wheels. Love it so far but it does struggle a bit with the hills in my neighborhood. I did install a 500 amp All Trax but now I'm interested in upgrading the motor. What would be the best motor to handle hills?

Is there anything I have to do in addition to installing a higher torque motor?
Gregt909 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-23-2017, 01:12 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Best motor for hills

Use either the Admiral A2 or A4 motor.
The A2 provides 10 hp of pulling power compared to the 3.5 hp original.
The A4 makes 14 hp.
As with any aftermarket motor you install in this cart the Alltrax XCT controller will have to be updated with a field map that is written for that particular motor. Installing a field map is not hard.
Download and install free software from Alltrax
Use a common usb printer cable to connect to the controller.
Controller automatically turns on and checks for updates if you have an internet connection.
Find the software and software manual (including step by step map instruction) in the links below along with my program tips >

Alltrax Toolkit Download & Manual
http://www.alltraxinc.com/Products_XCT.html
http://www.alltraxinc.com/files/Doc1...kit-Manual.pdf
Please note that after any change in the controller is made the SET tab must be clicked. The SET tab will turn from gray to blue. Wait until the tab turns back to gray before leaving the page. This process must be repeated for each page you make changes on.
To be sure the changes you set took, close the program, unplug the usb cable, replug the usb cable, and reopen the toolkit. Check to see the changes you made are now in the settings. Close the program and disconnect the usb cable at the controller.
Always disconnect the usb communication cable at the Alltrax controller end first. In the event that the usb cable is disconnected from the laptop first and then dropped into the battery pack, the controller can be irreversibly damaged. Such damage is not covered under any warranty.

For motor specs and information go here > http://www.cartsunlimited.net/motors.html
scottyb is online now   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car