lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-18-2017, 07:43 PM   #1
Downtown
Not Yet Wild

Default Motor Won't Run

In putting the motor back on after changing the input shaft, I dropped it on the ground hitting square on the opposite end of the shaft. Doesn't look like any damage, but after also changing the batteries it will not run. Lights come on, battery signal is good (but is on even when the key is off?).

First time I did not have the batteries sequenced right, but they are correct now. My question is how do I see if I damaged the motor when I dropped it?
Downtown is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-18-2017, 08:59 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Motor Won't Run

by any chance do you have or access to another/spare motor that you know is good? that way you could check out everything else to ensure your cart is working properly then you can look into the motor.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 09:25 AM   #3
Downtown
Not Yet Wild

I don't. I've got a multi meter and was hoping I could check it with that somehow.
Old 10-19-2017, 09:52 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I doubt dropping it on the closed end is going to make it not run. Look and see if the solenoid is clicking when you try to go.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-19-2017, 10:49 AM   #5
Downtown
Not Yet Wild

Where is the solenoid?

What about the battery indicator light staying on all the time. It used to just come on when the key was on.
Old 10-19-2017, 11:21 AM   #6
Downtown
Not Yet Wild

Found the solenoid. I hear a click when I push the throttle, but it seems to come from the pedal.
Old 10-23-2017, 06:27 PM   #7
bronsonj
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

You said you mis-wired the batteries the first time but have them right now. So what voltage do you have at the solenoid? I'm wondering if there is still a battery wiring issue. You have some sort of wiring issue if the battery gauge is on all the time when it used to be only with the key on. Maybe there's more than just that.
bronsonj is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO