lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-28-2017, 09:16 AM   #1
Night life
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default MCOR rant!

Someone should create an aftermarket replacement for the mcor! Replaced the unit in February with a new MCOR4, didn’t use the car much from June-September and low and behold, bad MCOR. This time it was super jerky at low speed and wouldn’t let me hold a slower speed/throttle. At full throttle it was fine once up to speed.

Just replaced, all good again. Just ranting that we don’t have a better option. I know the MCOR4 has had less failure, but 7 months to failure shouldn’t be possible IMO. I think someone super awesome like Sergio or Tahoedog should create a better option :)
Night life is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-28-2017, 09:37 AM   #2
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: MCOR rant!

There most certainly is...I put a Chinese version in a friends cart at less than half the price and it has been going strong for over a year...I was skeptical at first but it is working fine so far...Pick your country China or the CC version at full price made in Mexico..
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 10:00 AM   #3
Night life
Gone Wild

Club Car

Interesting, from past posts it looks as if the Chinese version fails even faster. A lot is dependent on use, if you use your car consistently there seems to be less failures...

I also didn’t see the china version for half the price as Dave sells them for right under $100 shipped. I saw the China version for $70, is there a cheaper place?
Night life is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 11:05 AM   #4
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

I guess it depends on what version you want...A Chinese mcor1 knockoff sells for around 50 bucks...All I am telling you is that I installed one in a friends cart who plays 18 holes of golf 4 to 5 times a week and it has lasted over a year....Maybe sh** luck I have no idea...Ask ScottyB...A poor design no matter what you do...
Old 10-28-2017, 11:11 AM   #5
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Tru dat. The MCOR4 is the better design.
I have a 2014 Precedent that needs one. GRRRRRRR
Club Car is listening - They ditched the OBC. Now get a inductive throttle system and improve the ride and you get ..... uhm, well... an Ezgo
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 11:43 AM   #6
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

I'M thinking that the ezgo its isn't any more reliable than an mcor..They seem to also have a pretty good failure rate..
Old 10-28-2017, 12:13 PM   #7
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Any of You guys having the "jerky" throttle (and an XCT Controller), see if you can test the throttle signal using the trick in this post:
http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...ml#post1443813
If You see the fluctuation, test if the accelerator pedal "arm" is what is twisting and triggering the jerk.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 12:17 PM   #8
WalterM6
Gone Wild

Club Car

You need to learn how to repair the MCOR4. The problem is the wiper not making good contact. Take it apart clean and bend the wiper arm up slightly. Reassemble then drive trouble free for about 6 months then repeat the process when it goes bad again.
WalterM6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 12:34 PM   #9
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by movin-on View Post
I'M thinking that the ezgo its isn't any more reliable than an mcor..They seem to also have a pretty good failure rate..
Here we go again. I'm thinking - respectively, of course. You have no idea what your talking about.
The ITS is susceptible to 1 common problem which is signal interference due to the presents of water in the tunnel which is a zero cost fix with a blow dryer borrowed from your wife.
Any other problem with the ITS is signal wire failure or controller failure, and not really the fault of the ITS
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-28-2017, 02:15 PM   #10
Tom47
Gone Wild

Club Car

Scottyb, TD and Sergio,

Could this be used to replace the go pedal on a CC with the XCT programmed for 0 to 5 Volts?

I realize it would require a 5 volt DC supply, possibly a 12 volt to 5 volt reducer.

And it would not release the brake....

But could it be done effectively?

If you tell me to get lost, I'll understand!

http://vi.vipr.ebaydesc.com/ws/eBayI...1&secureDesc=0

I just notice the input voltage is 36 to 80 VDC, so it must generate the 5V output based on that.

Last edited by Tom47; 10-28-2017 at 03:22 PM.. Reason: Forgot link, additional info
Tom47 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car