lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-16-2017, 06:09 PM   #1
chiggins
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2006 Bad Boy Classic Field Retrofit Wiring

Hello everyone. I am reconstructing an 06 Bad Boy Classic with single Navitas controller. I have a few wiring questions as I try to get the machine all put back together. My first question. Sitting atop the Navitas controller is a silver box labeled "Field Retrofit Contoller". At the back passenger side of the box are two wires, a red and a black, and appear to go the +/- terminals of the battery bank. Is this correct? My second question: there is a plug with nothing plugged in under the rear motor. The wires are blue and green and labeled 17 & 19. They aren't anywhere to be found on every wiring diagram Ive found. Any insight? Thanks for any and all help.
chiggins is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-22-2018, 11:00 PM   #2
adamo@osbenterprises.com
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2006 Bad Boy Classic Field Retrofit Wiring

No answers?
adamo@osbenterprises.com is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-24-2018, 10:37 AM   #3
FF Titus
Gone Wild

No answers because very little was let out into the wild with BBB in the beginning. I've been a dealer since the beginning and I don't have much on those machines.
FF Titus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-24-2019, 11:17 AM   #4
countrythinking2
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by chiggins View Post
Hello everyone. I am reconstructing an 06 Bad Boy Classic with single Navitas controller. I have a few wiring questions as I try to get the machine all put back together. My first question. Sitting atop the Navitas controller is a silver box labeled "Field Retrofit Contoller". At the back passenger side of the box are two wires, a red and a black, and appear to go the +/- terminals of the battery bank. Is this correct? My second question: there is a plug with nothing plugged in under the rear motor. The wires are blue and green and labeled 17 & 19. They aren't anywhere to be found on every wiring diagram Ive found. Any insight? Thanks for any and all help.
I would like to talk to you in regards to fixing your Bad Boy Classic. I have 2 in my shop that stopped going.
Curious to know what you mean by reconstructing?
I am very appreciative of any information you can provide or share with me

Thanks
David Ray

Sent from my XT1710-02 using Tapatalk
countrythinking2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-16-2019, 09:03 PM   #5
chuckmanj
Not Yet Wild

chiggins did you resolve the issue? I am facing the same wiring mystery and could use some advice on where certain wires go.
chuckmanj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-26-2019, 12:31 AM   #6
CmwHunting
Not Yet Wild
Mixed Breed

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckmanj View Post
chiggins did you resolve the issue? I am facing the same wiring mystery and could use some advice on where certain wires go.
I have the same cart, it was in the flood so isn’t working yet, but all the wires are there and connected. Tell me what wires you need to know about and I’ll look at mine, let you know what it looks like
CmwHunting is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-27-2020, 10:31 AM   #7
Bishop351
Not Yet Wild

If you possibly took pics of the wiring on the back of the field retrofit kit I could definitely use them.
Bishop351 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2023, 03:51 PM   #8
Bosstin87
Not Yet Wild

any info ever come about on the blue and green 17,19 wires??? I have the same and dont know where the green 19 goes
Bosstin87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-07-2023, 09:28 AM   #9
rockfordpi
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bosstin87 View Post
any info ever come about on the blue and green 17,19 wires??? I have the same and dont know where the green 19 goes
Don't know if you have seen this or not, but a Field Retro Kit wiring diagram is attached. Also attached the FRK installation manual.

I fought one of these a couple of years ago. My field Retro Box was bad. The solution I came up with was to eliminate the field retro kit and put a new combo throttle/pedal to the original controller. I actually sold this to someone else before I finished the project.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf FIELD_RETRO.pdf (3.67 MB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf BBB Installation.pdf (823.1 KB, 0 views)
rockfordpi is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bag boy buggy, field retrofit, navitas, wiring
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO