lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-02-2018, 10:39 AM   #1
daroosta25
Gone Wild

Default EZGO 36 Volt Textron Charger model 26984

I bought this charger. Can you tell me what golf cart it fits and is this end piece used to add an adapter or is this the actual plug used to put in the cart?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
daroosta25 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-02-2018, 10:46 AM   #2
Dixie Chopper
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: EZGO 36 Volt Textron Charger model 26984

That charger is for Marathon carts late 80's to early 90's and may have been used on other carts. You can use it for a 36V TXT just change the plug to a "D" style. What are you trying to use it for?
Dixie Chopper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 10:50 AM   #3
daroosta25
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dixie Chopper View Post
That charger is for Marathon carts late 80's to early 90's and may have been used on other carts. You can use it for a 36V TXT just change the plug to a "D" style. What are you trying to use it for?

So that end piece is not for an adapter? I wanted to use it on a 98 txt that uses the block style plug

Old 01-02-2018, 10:58 AM   #4
Dixie Chopper
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by daroosta25 View Post
So that end piece is not for an adapter? I wanted to use it on a 98 txt that uses the block style plug

No that's the actual plug for the cart receptacle. You can just change the end to one like this and it will charge your cart.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Golf-Cart-C...BYU17i&vxp=mtr
Old 01-02-2018, 11:02 AM   #5
daroosta25
Gone Wild

Quote:
No that's the actual plug for the cart receptacle. You can just change the end to one like this and it will charge your cart.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/Golf-Cart-C...BYU17i&vxp=mtr

Ok. Thanks. I have a plug I was going to change, but the plug on the current charger only has a black and white wire and the block style plug I have has a black, white, and red wire.

Old 01-02-2018, 11:54 AM   #6
Dixie Chopper
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

When you open the plug on the total charge 3 you should only see 2 wires a black (NEG -) and a white (POS +). Just make sure you hook them up correctly for polarity in the D plug. Look under your seat at the back of the receptacle to confirm which side to put the wires. They must match your receptacle.
Also - you need to open up your receptacle and see if the small red wire is going to a reed switch or if it has been bypassed. If the reed switch is there, you will need to bypass it by hooking it straight to the white + terminal.
Old 01-02-2018, 11:58 AM   #7
Ponchjoe
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

At the bottom of the charger you can see a manufacture date, that should coincide with the year of cart it is mated to
Ponchjoe is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 01:19 PM   #8
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ponchjoe View Post
At the bottom of the charger you can see a manufacture date, that should coincide with the year of cart it is mated to
Not necessarily so. The components installed in the cart that have date codes (IE: Motor and differentials) don't always match the model year of the cart, so a standalone item such as a charger isn't any more likely to match.

The important thing is that the charger is compatible with the batteries now installed in the cart.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 03:40 PM   #9
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Quote:
When you open the plug on the total charge 3 you should only see 2 wires a black (NEG -) and a white (POS +). Just make sure you hook them up correctly for polarity in the D plug. Look under your seat at the back of the receptacle to confirm which side to put the wires. They must match your receptacle.
Also - you need to open up your receptacle and see if the small red wire is going to a reed switch or if it has been bypassed. If the reed switch is there, you will need to bypass it by hooking it straight to the white + terminal.
The reed switch does NOT need to be bypassed, the most important thing is to charge them batteries.

I agree the reed switch should be bypassed some time, but it DOESN'T affect the ability to charge.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2018, 05:12 PM   #10
Dixie Chopper
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
The reed switch does NOT need to be bypassed, the most important thing is to charge them batteries.

I agree the reed switch should be bypassed some time, but it DOESN'T affect the ability to charge.
You're correct yurtle. Not absolutely necessary. I know they give trouble so I thought he might could save some future headache by bypassing it
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO