lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 02-25-2018, 07:29 PM   #1
zebrex
Not Yet Wild

Default switched key wire in battery area rxv

Hello everyone.
This is my first post.
I just recently purchased a refurbished 2013 rxv electric. The place I purchased it from added head and tail lights and turn signals. They have the accessories tied into one battery and are all on all the time. If you bump the turn signal switch getting off they will flash forever till you turn them back off.

I ordered a 12volt reducer from MadJax and it has not arrived yet. I do know that I this ruducer has a wire that goes to the key switch to deactivate the voltage reducer if the key is off. I see online that to run a wire from the key switch to the battery area I have to take quite a bit apart to get to the wire channel in the floor.

Is there a way to tap a key switched wire in the battery area without running a new wire to the front?

Thanks
Trent
zebrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-25-2018, 07:49 PM   #2
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: switched key wire in battery area rxv

Do not mess with the key switch unless your wanting to buy a new controller.

Put your wire on the solenoid side that goes to the controller.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 08:23 PM   #3
zebrex
Not Yet Wild

Thank you. I am very glad I asked.
Now, Where is the solenoid? Is it under the metal shield that the run tow switch is mounted to ?
zebrex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 02-25-2018, 08:26 PM   #4
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Under the plastic shield with the run tow switch.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 09:56 PM   #5
Vic8
Not Yet Wild

I too am new to this. I just ordered the Veego 30 amp 12 volt reducer. The diagram shows a green wire from the Veego going to the key switch. Are you saying to tap the green wire from the Veego to the solenoid instead?
Vic8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2018, 08:58 PM   #6
Vic8
Not Yet Wild

Ok, i hooked it up with the green wire going to the solenoid. I checked the volt of the bolt on the solenoid and it was putting out 51 volts when the ignition was turned on and about 1 when off. Everything is working perfectly.
Old 05-21-2018, 11:11 PM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by Vic8 View Post
Ok, i hooked it up with the green wire going to the solenoid. I checked the volt of the bolt on the solenoid and it was putting out 51 volts when the ignition was turned on and about 1 when off. Everything is working perfectly.
On the big wire going to controller from solenoid, right? Not small wire.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-22-2018, 06:52 AM   #8
Vic8
Not Yet Wild

3089D6AB-EDEE-4432-ABA3-F8F8B05F8CB1.jpg

The only large wire is the red cable going to the positive terminal on the battery. There is a small plate, looks like copper, that is also attached to the same bolt that i attached it to. In the photo, the green wire is attached to the solenoid bolt, bottom right, and the Little plate is under it. On the other need of the plate is what i believe is the controller. There is a larger wire there, white. I just noticed that the photo is sideways. That being said i attached to the top right bolt.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO