lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-08-2018, 03:00 PM   #1
87clubcar
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default 07 ezgo txt fleet problems.

About a week ago I was driving the cart and while we were going it cut out. Lost power completely. I pedaled it a few times and it responded and we made it home. It did this a few more times and now it will not respond at all. I can hear the solinoid clicking and the reverse buzzer is working. We keep it on the charger nightly.

I have done a little research and have found out about the micro switches near the pedal. I have not checked or tested them.

From what I understand it could be a number of things. Control, solinoid, micro switches.

Has anyone had this happen to them or have any ideas how I can get the cart back on the road.

The ezgo charger will not work now as well. It tries to turn on but then blinks red. I had the charger tested and it is working but now will not charge the cart.

Any pointers or advice would be appreciated.
87clubcar is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-08-2018, 03:13 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 07 ezgo txt fleet problems.

Check all cables for corrosion (funny looking green fuzz piles). Then check pack voltage.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 03:21 PM   #3
87clubcar
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Checked all everything for corrosion nothing present. When you say pack charge is that how much the batteries are putting out? What sort of meter do I use for that? I don’t have anything to test so I would be purchasing one. Any recommendations. I will also need to get a charger besides the ezgo one that came with the cart.

Thanks for,your time.
Old 04-08-2018, 03:31 PM   #4
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

He wants you to test the total voltage of the battery pack. You need a multimeter to do it. From what I’ve read here, even the cheap ones work ok. It’s a must have if you plan on doing any work and n your cart. You’ll get the pack voltage by placing the leads of the meter on the first and last batteries in the pack. Should be the two on the passenger side.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 03:46 PM   #5
87clubcar
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I gotcha and thanks. This is my first elec cart. I’ve always had gas ones. It’s a learning process. I really thought I would have no problems with it.

I’ll get a meter and charger today and start poking around.
Old 04-08-2018, 04:08 PM   #6
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Maybe hold on before you buy another charger? You said you had it tested, right?
Just FYI, once you get that meter, check the pack voltage, and the voltage of each battery. Post the results as 6.xx or 8.xx. Also, these guys will want to know which drive system you have.

Attached is a soc chart.
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 35D5AD91-61BE-4318-871C-A7FD2C160C83.jpeg (127.1 KB, 0 views)
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-08-2018, 04:26 PM   #7
87clubcar
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

I got the cart about 6 months ago and they put new batteries in it. I was going to get a normal charger so I could charge the batteries individually because the ezgo charger will not currently click on to start the charging cycle. It blinks green for a second the turns red and blinks.
Old 04-20-2018, 11:06 PM   #8
87clubcar
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Got it fixed. Batteries tested fine. Solinoid was testing all over the place and when I was testing it I noticed a spark on top of one of the batteries. Bam loose cable. So it would test fine and then dip. Took them all off cleaned them and tightened them down. Back in business. Thanks everyone for taking the time to respond. I’m now armed with a meter and a few other maintenance items. No harm no foul.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO