lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-15-2018, 10:38 AM   #1
icemanncsu
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default New EZGO Alltrax Installation

I just completed my installation of Alltrax XCT 48500 - 1268 in my EZGO Express S4 High Output. I have a few questions and a few possible things to bounce off the community here.

Install went nicely and no gotchas that I could tell. Initial power up went OK, no trouble codes, status OK ("Controller Ready to Run"). Pressed turn the KSI to ON and FR to Forward, everything working as intended. Pressed the throttle pedal slightly to listen for the solenoid activation, it did. Continued pressing slowly and the cart started jerking strongly, as if it went to immediate full power, this was continued as I tested a few more times. Needing to back the cart back into the garage I placed the FR switch to Reverse. This behavior was similar to forward but at 50% rate, still jerky after solenoid activation.

Q1) The original wiring for the motor was B+ to A1 and M- to A2. But the Alltrax wiring diagram shows B+ to A2 and M- to A1, and this is the way I wired it. Wired this way the wheels spin in the correct direction as defined on the FR switch.

Q2) The controller came programmed to "Club Car, G19, G22" (5 flash startup). My cart has a ITS throttle, so I knew I needed to change this to the "EZGO ITS throttle" (4 flash startup), and I did so soon after connecting the programming software. After changing to "EZGO ITS throttle" on startup I am getting "High Throttle Under range" (2 green, 4 red flash sequence). With the programming software attached I monitor the activity and see that the Throttle switch is activated when I depressed the pedal, but there is no throttle percentage reported. Any thoughts?

Thanks for your reply!
icemanncsu is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-15-2018, 11:12 AM   #2
icemanncsu
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: New EZGO Alltrax Installation

attaching a few install pictures
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1221.jpg (120.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1255.jpg (172.6 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_1249.jpg (174.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 04-15-2018, 07:13 PM   #3
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

My guess would be the ITS throttle may be bad.

Sent from my SM-G930R4 using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 07:16 PM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Are you certain your 'changes' to ITS throttle are SET.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2018, 07:34 PM   #5
icemanncsu
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Hi! Thanks for the replies!

Yes, to the best of my knowledge the "EZGO ITS" is 'SET' on the controller, the attached pictures to this message show all the panes of the controller programming software after initial connection is made.

While taking these screenshots. I also attempted to measure the Vdc from the ITS. The original pin was "J1-15" named "Pot Wiper throttle wiper input (or ITS input)" on the Curtis 1268. This is WHITE pin off of the ITS.

Following this statement from the pinned threads on testing the throttle...

"XCT Control: B- to the small white wire (Pin 1 on DCS carts, and the small white wire in the 4pin plug on PDS carts) just sitting there with everything powered should be 8-10V and at full pedal press 6-5V. Measuring between the black and white wire while the controller is powered up should result in a standing voltage of 10-12V"

I was measuring 2.2Vdc, with the controller powered, and the KSI on. FR switch remained in the neutral state during this test.

Thanks for the replies!
Old 04-17-2018, 09:52 AM   #6
icemanncsu
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Just an update...

I called Alltrax and confirmed there is something funky with the existing ITS sensor. We confirmed the XCT 48500 is indeed putting out the designed +10.1Vdc, but at the ITS sensor only +2.2Vdc is seen across the terminals. This is the case no matter where the plunger is in the inductive coil.

Working theory is that the Alltrax controller is seeing this as a High Throttle under voltage since +2.2Vdc <= +6Vdc (controller logic for 100% throttle).

Range being +10Vdc -> +6Vdc, for 0% -> 100% throttle conditions. +8Vdc being roughly 50%.

So I ordered one and it will be here today from Amazon. Will update later this evening when
Old 04-19-2018, 10:42 AM   #7
icemanncsu
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

I installed the new ITS sensor from Amazon. Life is now good.

Also went ahead and installed the FNKS multimode switch under the drivers side, see attached picture for reference.

This issue is now resolved and on to tuning the controller to get some profiles defined to my liking. :)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_1268.jpg (112.9 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO