lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-23-2018, 01:51 PM   #1
EZGO_N_TAHOE
Not Yet Wild

Default Voltage Regulator Question...

I have a 96 EZGO TXT DCS cart that was 36V. I am in the middle of going 48V. I have the 400 amp Altrax controller and a new Solenoid from ScottyB. My question is....the cart has aftermarket headlights and brake lights on it already, and worked fine on 36V.....I do not see a voltage regulator anywhere. Do I need one for 48V? Not sure if there is one somewhere that I am not seeing, or if I just need to order one from ScottyB....also I am waiting for the batteries to come in (6 8V trojans). can I reprogram the controller without batteries hooked up or do I have to install the batteries first? Thanks Guys
EZGO_N_TAHOE is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-23-2018, 02:06 PM   #2
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Voltage Regulator Question...

Ezgo picked up the 12v for accessories from batteries 5, 6. Mine was wired this way from the factory. The + from battery 5 was a green wire that supplied the fuse panel. Mine is a 2001, not sure if your 96 is the same, but must be if you don’t find a reducer. You can post a pic, if needed.

Even if you were staying at 36v this is not the recommended way to get 12v. I guess it draws down unevenly this way and brings the other batteries with it. Get a reducer from Scotty.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO