lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-06-2018, 07:35 AM   #1
markp63698
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Slow down my EZGO 2007 PDS

Need some advice on a strange request. Would like to slow down my 2007 TXT PDS. I rent my house with golf carts during the summer and concerned younger children may be driving. I live in a rural location and roads are all dirt/sand and flat. Lots of trees on side of road and other golf cart traffic.

Do I need a new controller and if so any recommendations? Regen braking would be a big plus and with the ability to re-program the controller when I return to the house and use the carts.

Current Controller: Curtis PMC 73326g07 which i believe is 350 amp
Current motor: Advanced 73445g02

Thanks you in advance.
markp63698 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-06-2018, 07:57 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Slow down my EZGO 2007 PDS

Use the Alltrax XCT and the Carts Unlimited ML3 mode lock. You can program up to 3 different driving modes with speed limit, reduced reverse speed, regen plus or minus, and acceleration variables PLUS you could program one mode for non operation. The simple key switch requires a hole in the dash to mount. It simply plugs into the speed controller, We can program it so that if it was unplugged in an attempt to disable it the cart would default to non-operation mode.

Use XCT400PDS, 200 HD solenoid, ML3
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 10:51 AM   #3
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Yours probably has the red freedom personality chip in it so that gives you around 19 mph with light regen braking. If you take that chip out completely it will run around 14 again with mild regen. If you put in the mild yellow chip that still will be close to 14 but with more regen. If you have any wiring experience you can put a toggle switch wired into the chip to give you mild or freedom by flipping 2 toggles.
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-06-2018, 11:10 AM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

No regen with no chip.

Here is the breakdown.

But going to the XCT can slow it down even more. Much more flexible speed and regen options.

Attached Images
File Type: jpg PDS Mode speed-regen level.JPG (18.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg PDS J2 mode plugs.jpg (130.2 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2018, 06:41 AM   #5
markp63698
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Very helpful! Thank you!
Old 05-08-2018, 12:59 PM   #6
markp63698
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Offering some feedback.

Tried all combinations of personality chips and I did not discern any difference in top speed which I estimate near 20 mph. The Mild Hill wiring combination provided the best braking when at top speed and releasing the accelerator peddle but then braking declined substantially while decelerating. All done on flat roads.

I have some idea of what to expect as I also have an EZGO ST Shuttle 4/6 which runs at much lower speed and has very aggressive regen braking. Never need to even touch the brake peddle unless really quick action needed.
Old 05-08-2018, 03:38 PM   #7
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

In the silly questions department, did you flip it to tow before changing the chip? I assume so but does make a difference. As for the shuttle it more than likely has a different controller in it. Probably a 1268. Much more configurable.. If you are going to buy new the Alltrax is an excellent plug and play choice because you can use free software and a usb cable to make changes. More advanced is the 1268 but will need a programmer to make changes and will have to be wired in. So what part of Chucktown are you in ?
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-10-2018, 11:59 AM   #8
markp63698
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks for the tip on the tow switch. Tried it with a 'blue chip' and did not get any significant change meaning no discernable reduction in top end and light regen braking at slow speed. Tried other combinations. Thanks again.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO