lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2018, 03:34 PM   #21
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Default Re: Starting Over - New Dog, Old Tricks

Quote:
Originally Posted by yurtle View Post
What is the make and model of your overhead console? I tried Googling, but only found wall mounts.

Thanks
This is it - but I haven't been able to locate any more -they made these in 2010

https://www.certifiedautosound.com/i...truck-van-car/
Dela is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-18-2018, 03:37 PM   #22
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Got a new project I'm going to be working on this weekend - anyone want to take some guesses of what's in store?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg s-l1600.jpg (163.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg s-l1600-1.jpg (93.7 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg s-l1600-2.jpg (68.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg s-l1600-3.jpg (92.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg s-l1600-4.jpg (63.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 06-18-2018, 11:55 PM   #23
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Somebody saw one of those "prank" ice chest air conditioner videos on the popular video site?
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 06:30 AM   #24
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Ha ha!! Were the clues to obvious? Yes sir! Going to transform my under seat cooler into an AC system... stay tuned!!
Old 06-19-2018, 07:50 AM   #25
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

I’ve used similar systems in race cars. Ice only lasts about an hour. Dry ice lasts about twice as long but you need to put alcohol to the water so it doesn’t freeze. We also had the shirts with the water pumped through, which were very effective under the race suit. And the blower part was ducted where the harness came through the seat blowing right on our necks. I don’t know how well just the air blower would work in an open air environment like a cart but it’s worth experimenting with.

If you’re going to fill your cooler with regular ice, one tip is to dump a ton of salt in to help slow the melting. We also tried salt water in soda bottles that we froze and it lasted longer than cubed ice but not as long as the dry ice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2018, 08:11 AM   #26
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Good info here thank you! I bought the dry ice bags you see in post, are you saying to put alcohol in those to slow melting?
Old 06-19-2018, 06:41 PM   #27
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

By dry ice I mean frozen liquid C02. It will freeze a cooler of water solid in about 30 minutes if nothing is done to decrease the freezing temperature of the water. Those packs can’t be traditional dry ice because they would evaporate unless you have a freezer that goes to about -50deg.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2018, 06:02 PM   #28
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

Ok - update.

Got the system installed. Went with one 7" fan, wired to fuse panel, lined cooler in insulation (going to mock something else but this will do for now), ran shop vac tubing and cut to desired length. Ran to the rail system of my sound bar to allow different locations. But I think I may just keep in between front and rear seat and pull out as needed and where needed.

Had a few options I was going through for switch style and placement. The original 'Cooling Fans' switch would have required new dash mocked, so I went with a simple blue LED rocker switch.

Had it on the course today and it was pretty cool - everyone got a kick out of it and it blew cool for a bit. I'd say I got 4/5 holes out of it until it was blowing 'cool' air instead of cold. Filled up some ice bags at comfort station and it was nice and cold again.

The ice packs I bought - not too sure about them. They don't last 48 hours that's for sure. But to be fair - I'm basically holding a hair dryer to them when system is running.

If anyone has ideas on how to keep cooler section cold while still getting enough air blowing.... I'd appreciate comments. Thinking of adding more insulation - but don't think that will solve anything.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0978.jpg (149.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0979.jpg (223.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0980.jpg (195.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0981.jpg (275.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0982.jpg (271.2 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-13-2018, 01:06 PM   #29
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

So I got a new controller and cables and starting setting it up. When I disconnected my motor cables I noticed a big issue - the terminal was about to snap from having a loose connection, as I took the nut off it did snap off. Freaked out for a bit, called Red Hawk and was told there is nothing I can do, the motor is toast...

I ended up trying to tap what was left and succeeded - gave the bolt a nice short tap and bolted in a 3/4" 5/16 bolt - seems to be working great so far. We'll see how long it lasts.

I did see a lot of posts about broken terminals on here - so good to know that this is possible - don't notice any difference in cart at all. Just played 18 with a ton of bumps and loads and all is fine.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2061.jpg (108.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2062.jpg (135.3 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2063.jpg (130.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 10-13-2018, 01:15 PM   #30
Dela
EZ come EZ go

Club Car

So now that the motor is back and band aided I was able to continue with Alltrax XCT 500 controller / 400 Solenoid and cable swap install.

Got all from ScottyB - shipped FAST and the directions included were spot on - very simple install when following his steps.

Had some trouble with the mapping at first, but once I realized I had to select 4 pin instead of 8 and map speed correctly (per Scotty's recommendations) all is working great.

Torque on this controller is INSANE - literally peals out and is capable of wheelies (if I don't care about my passengers). HUGE difference on the course, no lag at all on hills, or turf. I have large tires so the OEM controller was very sluggish on the course.

Haven't tested new top speed yet - but hit 31 pretty quick on my way home after a full 18 holes - so I'm hoping for 35 with a full charge (was at 33 top speed with stock controller)

VERY happy with the set up - totally different cart and the ability to change settings on controller is A+. I'm definitely going to add the mode lock 3 set up soon. I have a nanny for the kids and she uses the cart - NO WAY she can drive this thing like this. I'll have nanny speed, golf course speed, and piss off your friends speed.

Big thanks to Scotty - great response time as always on delivery, questions and answers
Attached Images
File Type: jpg inside1.jpg (146.1 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg inside2.jpg (173.0 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg alltrax.jpg (107.5 KB, 0 views)
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO