lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2018, 09:26 PM   #1
brew22
Not Yet Wild

Default 1st timer 02 ezgo

Hello all, I have officially joined the buggy club, and I’m really enjoying it so far. I ended up buying a 02 ezgo 36 volt, txt I think? It has the directional switch on the dash if that helps. I am learning about how to take care and maintain the batteries (hopefully correctly), I also downloaded the state of charge chart to try and keep an eye on the batteries voltage.

Is there anything else I should worry about with this make/model cart? I know they’re built pretty tough, and are durable, I also like to take care of my things so they last.

I’m starting my first project tomorrow in fact. I will be installing a battery monitor ( I know there’s a better name for this, but it escapes me) I bought it from a ezgo dealer, and it wasn’t cheap, so I hope it’s a good one. Thank you so much for any and all help!.............Brew
brew22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-15-2018, 10:12 PM   #2
Jmzvet
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 1st timer 02 ezgo

Welcome
I was you 8 months ago. My cart was barely alive. Thanks to this Forum and technology, my cart is Better, Stronger, Faster My wallet is lighter too.

The battery meter you speak of is a State Of Charge (SOC) meter. Go to Cartsunlimited.com for all your parts and tech advice. The advice is free. The parts are not.
Jmzvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2018, 11:25 PM   #3
brew22
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jmzvet View Post
Welcome
I was you 8 months ago. My cart was barely alive. Thanks to this Forum and technology, my cart is Better, Stronger, Faster My wallet is lighter too.

The battery meter you speak of is a State Of Charge (SOC) meter. Go to Cartsunlimited.com for all your parts and tech advice. The advice is free. The parts are not.

Thank you for the advice! I have a couple of other “hobbies” that like to lighten the wallet, why I should I expect anything different
Old 05-16-2018, 06:17 AM   #4
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Brew.....seeing as how you want to maintain your batteries CORRECTLY. go to CARTSUNLIMITED.NET and read everything in the FAQ section (there are 3 sections in there that have to do with batteries).

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/battery-break-in-.html

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/battery-faq.html

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/batter...they-work.html
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 05:26 PM   #5
brew22
Not Yet Wild

Installed the state of charge meter today, I think it looks pretty good if I don’t say so myself.

Sir Nick, thank you for the links on battery care!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 09746789-A03B-43C7-A5A8-62F9FAA2C6C4.jpg (19.4 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-16-2018, 05:34 PM   #6
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by brew22 View Post
Installed the state of charge meter today, I think it looks pretty good if I don’t say so myself.

Sir Nick, thank you for the links on battery care!

Install looks great, and I don’t mean to be a buzz kill, but if you really want to care for your batteries properly, you need a better meter. By that, I mean one that gives actual numbers.

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/battery-meters.html
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2018, 11:08 PM   #7
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by orangeman6 View Post
Install looks great, and I don’t mean to be a buzz kill, but if you really want to care for your batteries properly, you need a better meter. By that, I mean one that gives actual numbers.

http://www.cartsunlimited.net/battery-meters.html
Brew....^^^^ this is a TRUE statement......you need a digital meter like the ones listed above.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 09:28 AM   #8
E36Racer
Gone Wild

Club Car

As a point of reference as to the benefit of the digital meter, my friend just did a test on his SOC meter that is the same as yours. When it was the first bar below the middle (not turning orange yet indicating you are getting low on charge) we measured his pack with a multi meter and his pack voltage was 49.0, or approximately 60% SOC. Basically dead, but the gauge was indicating it had a decent amount of charge leftover.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
E36Racer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 02:22 PM   #9
yurtle
Gone Mad
E-Z-GO

Other things would be change the differential oil and grease all grease fittings.
yurtle is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-17-2018, 03:20 PM   #10
brew22
Not Yet Wild

Thank you for all the advice guys, I really appreciate it. I have read where plenty of people use both SOC meters. I fully charged the batteries last night, and topped off the water today. I put a volt meter on all the batteries, and every battery was 6.42 to 6.44, and the over all voltage was 38.6. Hopefully that means my batteries are pretty healthy. I will be getting a hold of Scottyb and getting the other meter.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO