lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-06-2018, 12:43 PM   #1
Tiretool
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2001 Txt pds controller/solenoid overheat

Just got my first cart, checked all the batteries with load tester (all good), put 2 ga cables all around, it rides good for short runs but long 5 mile or more with hills and woods, the cart shuts down, let sit for 20 minutes it's good to go, controller and solenoid is super hot. It's got a sx500 amp controller, and from what I can tell a stock 50 amp solenoid. Would the solenoid be causing my overheat problems? I'm new to the forum and any help would be greatly appreciated. The cart does have a Jake's lift, and big mud tires. Let me know what you guys think.. thanks
Tiretool is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-06-2018, 01:30 PM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2001 Txt pds controller/solenoid overheat

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tiretool View Post
Just got my first cart, checked all the batteries with load tester (all good), put 2 ga cables all around, it rides good for short runs but long 5 mile or more with hills and woods, the cart shuts down, let sit for 20 minutes it's good to go, controller and solenoid is super hot. It's got a sx500 amp controller, and from what I can tell a stock 50 amp solenoid. Would the solenoid be causing my overheat problems? I'm new to the forum and any help would be greatly appreciated. The cart does have a Jake's lift, and big mud tires. Let me know what you guys think.. thanks
You'll need a setup that can handle those big tires. It takes a lot more amps for longer periods of time to turn large tires. So yes, you need a higher capacity solenoid, and everything else in the high current circuit. Your 2 guage cables are large enough. If your 500 Amp controller is overheating enough to shut down, you really have your motor overloaded. I suggest that you go to http://www.cartsunlimited.net/upgrade-suggestions.html and see what your upgrade options are...
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO