lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-15-2018, 12:44 AM   #1
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Internet tires bad idea shipping deformities

2 of the 4 of my new 23’’ Dirt Devils came to the front door folded for shipping or maybe they were stored that way. Either way they wont take the original shape. max air pressure is 30psi i took them up to 40 and let them there over night in a 75deg garage the next day i went out let air pressure down to 7 and 2 of them went flat leaking around the bead in the back side. The tire looks tight to the bead. On both the tires that we’re folded the tread sticks up about 1’’ higher from one side to another (also the side that leaks.) Even though i left the high pressure in them overnight they will not stand up they fall over from the outaroundness. I really cant catch a break with this cart it’s always something
Hit it like a champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-15-2018, 07:10 AM   #2
NoleFan4Ever
MOD of all BS!

Club Car

Default Re: Internet tires bad idea shipping deformities

It will most always benefit you to use a Site Sponsor (approved vendor) as they have been vetted and will show you (generally) excellent Customer Service. Golf Cart Tire Supply https://www.golfcarttiresupply.com/ is an approved vendor here (and site sponsor) so they not only work hard for you, they help sponsor the site so it stays running and we can all enjoy this forum. I can only imagine what it costs for the server space we have here.....

Point being, if you did not use them this time, consider them next time as they are not only proven professionals, they will work very hard to find what you need. If something does go wrong, they will back you 100%! I have used them, I do know.....

Hopefully whomever you used will quickly replace those tires because the plies in the sidewall have broken down and the bead is not uniform for sealing a tubeless tire....
NoleFan4Ever is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 10:07 AM   #3
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

I've done a bunch of ATV tires that were like that. You have to use a heavy bead grease or bead sealer (soap and water wont do it) to seal the beads on most ATV tires. They come back to normal shape after being driven on a few times. But ATV tires almost never stand up on their own. They're not built the same way as many cart or car tires. They're designed to act like a balloon and compress/expand to fit into holes and over rocks and logs, and general off-road terrain, which is what an ATV is normally used for.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-15-2018, 06:55 PM   #4
Hit it like a champ
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
I've done a bunch of ATV tires that were like that. You have to use a heavy bead grease or bead sealer (soap and water wont do it) to seal the beads on most ATV tires. They come back to normal shape after being driven on a few times. But ATV tires almost never stand up on their own. They're not built the same way as many cart or car tires. They're designed to act like a balloon and compress/expand to fit into holes and over rocks and logs, and general off-road terrain, which is what an ATV is normally used for.
I hope you are right but the 2 that weren’t compressed stand up and look level. I have heard they go back to shape when you run them and they get hit the problem is that we have 6” of snow here in Pennsylvania.
Hit it like a champ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 11:42 AM   #5
Golf Cart Tire Supply
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by NoleFan4Ever View Post
It will most always benefit you to use a Site Sponsor (approved vendor) as they have been vetted and will show you (generally) excellent Customer Service. Golf Cart Tire Supply https://www.golfcarttiresupply.com/ is an approved vendor here (and site sponsor) so they not only work hard for you, they help sponsor the site so it stays running and we can all enjoy this forum. I can only imagine what it costs for the server space we have here.....

Point being, if you did not use them this time, consider them next time as they are not only proven professionals, they will work very hard to find what you need. If something does go wrong, they will back you 100%! I have used them, I do know.....

Hopefully whomever you used will quickly replace those tires because the plies in the sidewall have broken down and the bead is not uniform for sealing a tubeless tire....
Thanks for the kind words @NoleFan4Ever! We are always here and happy to help.

@Hit it like a champ when it comes to tires that have been banded (for shipping) - what we have found is that HEAT (before mounting) is what brings the shape back best. A whole day outside in 95-100 degrees and the sun typically does the trick. But, when it's the dead of winter (like it is already now) a jet heater can do the trick as well. Just try to get all sides, edges and the face of the tire nice "loose" before mounting.

And just so you know, we carry all golf cart tires available in 23" and 25" size that are on the market, and also carry all major ATV/UTV tire manufacturers as well (such as your GBC Dirt Devils).

Thanks!
Golf Cart Tire Supply is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-24-2018, 12:34 PM   #6
dundeebarnbuggy
Gone Wild

Club Car

the problem is that we have 6” of snow here in Pennsylvania.[/QUOTE]

Uhhh,,6" is a problem?
dundeebarnbuggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car