lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-26-2019, 01:31 PM   #11
geseymour
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2010 EZGO PDS cart wont move

Hi JohnnieB, I disconnected the connection between Orange/Red wire and Blue wire to the Charger port. I metered +49.4VDC on the Blue wire. I then made a connection from the Orange/Red wire to Pack Voltage and I now have Pack Voltage on Pin-5. I tried the cart and nothing. I metered Pin-9 and 0V there. I started to inspect the wiring and tested the Run/Tow switch. The switch is functioning. I have four wires attached to the switch sides but only two red wires on the connector coming from the switch. Those two red wires are connected to the Red and White wires on the switch posts. I don’t have any voltage on the switch posts or the 2-wire connector going to the switch. I turned the key on with the cart in Run position, put the switch in forward/reverse and metered the switch, connector, and Pin-9, still 0V. Is the diagram on page 2 correct, meaning I should have +48VDC to the Run/Tow switch? From there +48VDC to the key switch, forward/reverse switch, etc. I appreciate the assistance and I am able to work on the cart today for a while. Thanks.

Regards,
Gary
geseymour is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-26-2019, 06:50 PM   #12
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Unfortunately, I only have schematic diagrams for a TXT-48 and schematics show electrical connections rather than the physical wiring, so I don't know how many wires are connected to each of the terminals of the Run/Tow switch. But6, if it ran previously and nobody has been messing with the wiring, it ought to be wired right.

Pin-9 appears to be wired directly to the switched side of the Run/Tow switch, so it ought to have 48V on it whenever switch is in Run.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 07:10 AM   #13
geseymour
Not Yet Wild

Yes, the golf cart has ben running now since I purchased it several years ago and it has not needed any work. It was running fine last December. I only replaced the one defective battery this spring. Over the weekend I spent time checking/metering the wires and creating a new wiring diagram for this cart. I have attached the drawing here. I am only getting Pack Voltage >+50VDC at the main battery source and at Pin-5 of the Controller Block since I hard wired that pin to Pack Voltage per your suggestion. I am not getting +48VDC anywhere else. I have metered the Main Solenoid and that appears to be fine. I have tried to isolate the components off the +48VDC source to see if a part is defective. Any debugging tips to try to find the defective part?

Regards,
Gary
Attached Images
File Type: jpg EZGO-48TXT.jpg (176.5 KB, 0 views)
geseymour is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-29-2019, 01:38 PM   #14
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

If wired per your wiring diagram, it won't work.

The green cable on the solenoid's battery side large terminal ought to be connected to the battery pack's main positive (+) terminal. It is shown on your drawing as being connected to the main negative (-) terminal.

The battery pack's main negative terminal ought to have a thick cable to the controller's B- terminal and a thinner cable to charger receptacle.

The battery pack's main positive terminal ought to have a thick cable to the solenoid's battery side large terminal and a thinner cable to charger receptacle. Plus a thin Orange/Red wire to Pin-5 that bypasses the charger disconnect. The gray cable is a battery temperature sensor and can be landed on any of the battery terminals.

Note: The thickest cables go on the battery terminals first.

I noticed some minor labeling issues, but it is an excellent wiring diagram.
Old 11-30-2019, 02:16 AM   #15
Jstep2345
Not Yet Wild

I am having the same issue. Did you ever get your cart back running? If so, what did you do?
Jstep2345 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-30-2019, 12:58 PM   #16
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jstep2345 View Post
I am having the same issue. Did you ever get your cart back running? If so, what did you do?
Never got any feedback, so we don't know if it got fixed or not.

It would be best to start a new thread for your cart.

Include year and type of drive system.
Old 12-02-2019, 10:01 PM   #17
Carts4you
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Never got any feedback, so we don't know if it got fixed or not.

It would be best to start a new thread for your cart.

Include year and type of drive system.
sucks.... would be nice to know what ever happened....
Carts4you is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
pds, wiring documentation, wont move
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO