lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-11-2019, 10:40 PM   #11
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2004 TXT PDS redo: Immortan Joe

First thing first I needed to mount the TAC2.0 controller. So I had to clean up the old mounting plate.

1.jpg

The mounting plate that comes with the kit is pre-drilled for a TXT48 setup. So I had to drill and tap holes. I just used the existing pre-drilled holes in the mounting plate.

2.jpg

Then I mounted the TAC2.0 and the tow/run switch. I followed the installation video for the TXT48 TAC2.0.

3.jpg

I then made a custom setup out of the old solenoid plate that goes over the PDS controller. Some extra stuff from Home Depot and it ended up looking like a green robot carrying an orange one. (Solenoid is a MJZ-400 48v.)

4.jpg

Continued...
Imapled is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-11-2019, 10:50 PM   #12
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I then mounted the beast of a motor... I put the Jake's spacers, axle and wheels on. Didn't want to try to install it on the stock setup and then try to install it after the motor. Easier to move an axle around with no motor on it. Especially this one!

The motor is long. Very long. Even with the lift blocks installed it did this: (Which doesn't happen aparently on a TXT48. Just PDS carts. But, I was warned in advance by the Navitas tech that I would have to move the shock.)

1.jpg

I put dual-action leaf springs on the cart so I just made a plate to move the shock for now. A friend is going to come over and weld on a proper mount. This one should do for now.

Problem solved!

2.jpg

I then wired everything up and wrapped it all up. Even the PDS wire harness adapter. :)

3.jpg

I am 6'4" and I HATE reaching over to the dash to switch between F/N/R. I got my hands on a Clubcar F/R housing and noticed that with some work from a carpet knife the PDS F/R switch would fit... Fit it did! Like a glove.

I stripped the wires out of the harness rerouted them and wrapped them up.

4.jpg

I also moved the reverse buzzer so I can mount it by the controller. Once I have the dash cover on I really never want to have to remove it to fix something. So the less stuff I have behind it the better.

Continued...
Old 08-11-2019, 10:59 PM   #13
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Now on to the front end of the cart. Took me longer than I had hoped but, I got the Jake's 6" Long Travel kit on and the Front Hydraulic Disc Brake Kit.

I had to fuss with the steering box. If anyone puts one of these on... Remove the 4 bolts holding the steering column down to slide it onto the arm that attaches to the steering box. Scratched my head like a goof and then in the install video they mentioned it in passing to push it in. What they really meant was loosen the bolts and slide it up. :) The instructions for Jake's products are sub-par. Great products though! VERY IMPRESSED with the quality of the product!

I rigged a harness out of straps to pick up the cart in the air.

Here is the final product of a lot of curse words and head-scratching...

1.jpg

The instructions for the brake kit is two pages. It really should be 10 pages with proper photographs of each step. Especially how to mount the bracket on the brake spring and the master cylinder. They give you one tiny photo that is very dark.

But, I got everything mounted properly with some help from a kind soul on Facebook who has installed one before. (Thanks Cory!)

2.jpg

Will update as I get the rest of the cart done. Calling it quits for today. :)
Old 08-13-2019, 09:19 PM   #14
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Today's update:

Put in the batteries and took it out for a spin. This thing is fast.

Clocked it at 38.6mph. (Flat pavement no hills. Forget the distance but, will measure with a proper drag race app at a later date.)

Going to turn it down big time!! I am not looking for speed but, wanted to see what it could do.

The torque is amazing on this setup. It picks up the front end if you have everything on the OTF turned up. Don't want to strip the hubs but, did jump it up a few times just to say I did it. As well, I have the seat strapped on and didn't want to fly off the back of the cart. Will test it out once it is all set up and will post the results.

1.jpg

The 5kw + 600amp combo is crazy awesome!

Also, you need the front disc brakes. I would not recommend this setup without them!!!

Cheers,
Impaled
Old 08-14-2019, 10:32 AM   #15
Fairtax4me
Bonafide Nincompoop

Club Car

My cart place built a Precedent 8 seat Limo for a local wedding venue and installed that 600A AC Navitas setup. That setup is crazy powerful! He cranked it up ad we were doing 30mph on stock tires going Uphill. He said they also had to switch the cart to an 8x6 setup so it would have enough battery to run more than an hour if someone was really dogging it.
The buyer said they wanted torque more than speed, but they still installed the OTF box so they can tweak it how they want and then lock the controls.

I imagine that with the OTF turned down to "normal" settings the battery life should improve since the AC motors are more efficient. I'd be interested to hear if you ever come up with a total range (KM) of how far it goes on one charge with that setup.
Fairtax4me is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-14-2019, 10:49 PM   #16
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fairtax4me View Post
My cart place built a Precedent 8 seat Limo for a local wedding venue and installed that 600A AC Navitas setup. That setup is crazy powerful! He cranked it up ad we were doing 30mph on stock tires going Uphill. He said they also had to switch the cart to an 8x6 setup so it would have enough battery to run more than an hour if someone was really dogging it.
Lots of room for that setup on a limo cart. I am going to be building a custom Lithium battery over the winter for the cart. Still planning it all.

Quote:
The buyer said they wanted torque more than speed, but they still installed the OTF box so they can tweak it how they want and then lock the controls.
With the "dealer" app they can do a lot to tone it down as well. I have the dealer app. There is also two levels of engineering apps with even more tweaks.

Quote:
I imagine that with the OTF turned down to "normal" settings the battery life should improve since the AC motors are more efficient.
We shall see. :)

Quote:
I'd be interested to hear if you ever come up with a total range (KM) of how far it goes on one charge with that setup.
I never let my batteries get low. But, what I can do is measure the pack voltage and then drive it a set distance and then measure the voltage. Might be able to figure out range from that? JohnnieB would be the person to know the best way to do it. Just guessing here.

Cheers,
Impaled
Old 08-22-2019, 05:28 PM   #17
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

All done!

The Jake's 6" long travel kit was a bit of a pain to adjust. Specifically, the steering box needed to be shimmed as it was way too tight. Thanks to trmartin who posted up the solution to my problem.

http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gas-e...vel-issue.html

1.jpg

2.jpg

Ya... I pulled too hard when putting on the seat. Will fix the crooked line later. :)

3.jpg

Continued...
Old 08-22-2019, 05:32 PM   #18
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Navitas TAC2.0 600amp. I never have issues with Navitas products and this controller is a breeze to deal with.

5.jpg

Navitas 5kw AC motor.

6.jpg

Dash setup... I am not a fan of stereos so sorry to those folks who love to install sound systems. I am hearing impaired so a Sony Bluetooth speaker strapped to my cart is good enough for me.

4.jpg

I modify the OTF so I can mount it better. I was going to take this one all apart and build it into the dash but, I got lazy...

7.jpg

Cheers,
Impaled
Old 08-26-2019, 09:37 PM   #19
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Update: Had the cart out on the trails. This setup is amazing. Easily ripped up the hills and nothing stopped it. From a dead stop, it catwalks. The performance is nothing close to the RXV I did and my DC setup. This 5kw Navitas motor is awesome.

Really like the Jake's long travel kit and disc brakes. Slammed the back seat kick plate into the ground catwalking and the front suspension bounced with ease.
Old 09-10-2019, 11:26 PM   #20
Imapled
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Finally got to putting on my custom plasma cut plate and lighting it up on the cart.

1.jpg

4.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

The light kit is Bluetooth enabled so I can change the colour to anything and even make it fade etc... But, I like red. :) The plate is indeed centred but, I have it lifted about an inch off the cart so the light comes through all around it.

Cheers,
Impaled

PS: I hate the 2014+ bush bar setup. So I got an older style one and cut off part of it that covered the license plate.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO